View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:00 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 March SOTM - Winterizing/Scoot builds 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2011 Blur SS220i / 2008 Buddy 50 / 2011 Ninja 650R / 2012 DRZ400S
Post March SOTM - Winterizing/Scoot builds
This month's topic will be Winterizing/Scoot builds. Most of the country has been too cold or under the white stuff to do much riding. Most of us have had some form of a project underway over the winter. Lets see who has the most action going on with their scoot. Lets keep the postings to the scoots and the work space. Save the girls for the summer SOTM entries. Photoshopping of any kind will be automatically disqualified. Let the members decide who has the most interesting build. Also post a short description of what is being done. If you post multiple photos let us know which one is the entry.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:16 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2002 Zuma, Duplicolor Deep Jewel Green, dual headlight mod, brake light led scanner.
Post Re: March SOTM - Winterizing/Scoot builds
Remember guys, lets not upset Biomed this month by entering a picture of a hot, half naked girlfriend with a project scooter barely visible and out of focus in the background. :D

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
after the wreck i decided to remove that huge red square on teh back of olive
before

then i decided that the bucket for the tail lamp was deeper than i thought it need be so i hacked out a bit over an inch and welded the end back on

now its time to cut a big butt hole into olive

and here is the test fit of the frenching bucket with the lamp in it
i still have to weld the bucket in then trim off the extra and get some primer on it all
ok here we go
tail light on
brake light on

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:02 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: '08 Zuma Throttle Mod Headlight Mod Tail light Mod
its a shame having no girls i had a nice pic of my wife on her white high heel knee high snow boots and winter attire fictitiously working on my scoot lol

Stage 6 Sport Variator......................Michelin Reggae Tires
Hard clutch springs.........................Throttle Mod
Medium Contra..............................Headlight Mod
4.7g Weights................................3rd Brake Mod
Leo Vince SP3................................Chopped rear fender
Single Racing Mirror..........................No Front Fender

The one and ONLY..... Zuma with a Land Rover Package

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:58 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2002 Zuma, Duplicolor Deep Jewel Green, dual headlight mod, brake light led scanner.
I think you missed the sarcasm. Remember, its up to the voters. :cheers:

I just like picking on Biomed.

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
Mutually acceptable ...
jdubbya wrote:
I think you missed the sarcasm. Remember, its up to the voters. I just like picking on Biomed.

Let's try this again, then ...

I'll accept the fact that I was responsible for the failure of SOTM for December, January, and February. It was my fault !! I am truly sorry for my bad influence !! Ha!! Ha!! Ha!!

Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:14 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2011 Blur SS220i / 2008 Buddy 50 / 2011 Ninja 650R / 2012 DRZ400S
Failure is no longer an option. :toughguy:

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:33 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shawn wrote:

Maybe I spoke to soon. Anyone have pictures of a build or scooter that is stored away for the winter? Anyone?...................Anyone? :doh:

Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:33 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Shawn wrote:
Shawn wrote:

Maybe I spoke to soon. Anyone have pictures of a build or scooter that is stored away for the winter? Anyone?...................Anyone? :doh:

i guess im no one then
well maybe ill just put you back on the spammer list :q:

Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:52 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Did not mean to hurt your feelings. I know you have an entry. I was hoping for a little competition. What can I do to avoid the spam list again? :D

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:07 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

see i should have waited to post my entry
and maybe some one would have posted some simple i rebuilt my engine or i put a bbk pics up

actauly i have even more goodies that came in to add
the new cht guage and i may even pull that off to add a cht/egt guage(i love airplane parts :q: )
im also going to remove the square tail lights and replace them with 2 1 inch diam lights on each side and rewire it all so that all 5 lights are running lights

you can never have enough lights on the back

and i also have a glovebox tray to add
might as well get all this done so i can figure out what color to paint her if im going to chage the color

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:30 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

jmkjr72 wrote:
see i should have waited to post my entry
and maybe some one would have posted some simple i rebuilt my engine or i put a bbk pics up

actauly i have even more goodies that came in to add
the new cht guage and i may even pull that off to add a cht/egt guage(i love airplane parts :q: )
im also going to remove the square tail lights and replace them with 2 1 inch diam lights on each side and rewire it all so that all 5 lights are running lights

you can never have enough lights on the back

and i also have a glovebox tray to add
might as well get all this done so i can figure out what color to paint her if im going to chage the color
Maybe you need to have a poll for colors? I would go with something with a little metallic so that is really shines when the light hits it. Maybe keep your classic olive with the metallic.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:31 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
Harley has a color for their bikes called ... OLIVE PEARL.
To describe what it looks like ... think about the color of the combat vehicles BEFORE they went CAMO ... that color was called OLIVE DRAB.
Same color but with a PEARL finish !!

I was going to repaint one of my black Yamahas OLIVE PEARL ... and then chickened out.

Shawn wrote:
i also have a glovebox tray to add. might as well get all this done so i can figure out what color to paint her if im going to chage the color
I would go with something with a little metallic so that is really shines when the light hits it. Maybe keep your classic olive with the metallic.[/quote]

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:47 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

BioMedHMC wrote:
Harley has a color for their bikes called ... OLIVE PEARL.
To describe what it looks like ... think about the color of the combat vehicles BEFORE they went CAMO ... that color was called OLIVE DRAB.
Same color but with a PEARL finish !!

I was going to repaint one of my black Yamahas OLIVE PEARL ... and then chickened out.

Shawn wrote:
i also have a glovebox tray to add. might as well get all this done so i can figure out what color to paint her if im going to chage the color
I would go with something with a little metallic so that is really shines when the light hits it. Maybe keep your classic olive with the metallic.
[/quote]
There you have it. I would do the Olive Pearl.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:30 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

doing a diy pearl paing job is going to be a pia
and i dont know if i want to pay harley prices for paint
the only way may be to find the ppg paint code and see if i can get some one to mix it for me

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:36 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next