View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 How-To: Fix All LED TurnSignal Flashing & NonFlashing Issues 
Scooterologist

Post Re: How-To: Fix All LED TurnSignal Flashing & NonFlashing Is
I have emailed them waiting to here from them tomorrow. Thanks . This is just driving me crazy.Wanted to get this taken care of by Saturday when I'm planning on doing my 155 cc big bore kit.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:41 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
I could do better at trying to solve what is the problem ... but I'd need hands.on.

This is like have a long distance girl friend ... without hands.on it's just frustrating.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:48 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: 09Zuma125,simota a/f,c3 mirrors,red instrmt LED,Koso tail,LV Exhaust,Dr. P var,11g sliders,12t u/g,Polini Bell,Piolt SCs
This can be a frustrating project if you don't take your time and make sure your wires are going in the right direction. I know you think they are right...Double check. If you still can't get anywhere, get a friend to put a second set of eyes on the wires to check it. If all else fails, you don't want to hear this, take it apart and do a reset. Can't stress how important it is to get this right.

The first attempt I made at this very same project, I grounded one of the rears to my frame by accidentally pinching a wire and almost burned the whole thing down...Blew the main fuse and melted my first wire. If you don't have a backup set of fuses, I HIGHLY recommend you get some as you may blow a fuse or two. They are there for protection, let them work. Perseverance prevailed and although it took a long time, I made it work. Keep at it. You can do it!

Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:43 am
Scooterologist

What has me totally confused is that I put it back to oem with stock bulbs and flasher relay and they still won't flash.You can here the flasher click once when switched left or right but no flash solid light.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:04 pm
Scooterologist

I cut the black oem connector at the female end ( dark green ,brown, yellow wire) .Then connected single wire that comes off the 2 diodes (gray stripes towards on diodes ) to the dark green wire.Then ran a ground off the brown wire.Then I cut the end of the male oem connector and connected one diode wire to the dark green and the other diode wire to the brown.Then connected the yellow wire ( yellow to yellow).Led flasher relay oem brown wire to red on relay oem brown wire / white stripe to black on relay.Open to suggestions.No flash constant light right or left.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:06 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here's half of what you say that you have done ... the diode install.
I've found no err with what you've described.
Sorry.

The only thing that I could maybe say, """try something else""" ... is the ground wire.
If that ground isn't good, nothing will work.
and
the ground wire is common to both the left.hand and the right.hand circuits.

Attachment:
Zuma diode fix install.png
Zuma diode fix install.png [ 161.27 KiB | Viewed 3100 times ]

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:32 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I reviewed the flasher relay wires also.

Brown is now red // brown w/stripe is now black.

I'm going to stick with YOU HAVE NO GROUND TO COMPLETE THE CIRCUIT.

** I'm assuming that your horn works.
** You haven't mentioned that it did or did not.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:50 pm
Scooterologist

I think I may be on to something .After looking at the pictures in The post by JohnnyFYX at the black connector I cut off the male and female connector and was trying to put the diode kit between them.Looking at the pictures it looks like the diodes are installed above the black female connector towards the guage cluster.Is this where I went wrong?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:51 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2009 Yellow Zuma 125, RC Scooters 168cc Stroker BBK
Yes the diode mod kit goes between the black female connector and the guage cluster's turn signal indicator light. The picture explains the correct orientation of the diode mod kit with regards to the wire connections. The diodes act like a oneway street where current is allowed to flow in only one direction. The two diodes have a stripe that is printed closer to one end of the diode. The end of the diodes that has the stripe should be connected together and the other ends of each diode should remain separate. the connected end of the two diodes should be connected to the green wire that leads to the indicator light on the guage as pictured. The other end of the diode kit will connect to the two wires that lead to the female black connector as pictured. The last step is to connect the indicator light's brown wire to a nearby ground wire as pictured.

How-To: Fix All LED TurnSignal Flashing & NonFlashing Issues
How-To: BWS Asian HID Projector Headlight Retrofit
Taida King Cam (New In Box) For Sale: $90 Shipped
KillerScooter/BTX Foot Pegs/Bar (Scuff Marks & Slightly Bent Mounting Tabs, it Still Works Great!) For Sale: $50 Shipped
PM me for Pics...

Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:06 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

John, he's done this ... and no function of the turn signals.

I'm thinking that his problem IS the ground ... what say you ??

That ... and the fact that he has NOT stated whether or not the horn works.
Maybe he thinks that I'm joking ?? !!

I got NO reply to that question.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:41 pm
Scooterologist

Horn does work.I was trying to put diodes between the female and male connector.Reworked tonight with diodes above female connector toward guage cluster.Signals flash again with stock bulbs up front and a flasher relay from auto parts store?Would not flash with led bulbs up front with this flasher .Waiting on my new led relay to come in the mail.The other led flasher relay was smoked.Hopefully everything will work with the new led relay.Now my next question .I am wanting to put led signals up front where reflectors are on front fairing.how would these wire in.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:46 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dgriddog1 wrote:
I am wanting to put led signals up front where reflectors are on front fairing.
how would these wire in.

No problem ... they would wire in perfectly (that's what I have).

It's another parallel circuit ... positive wire attached to the positive wire of any other signal lamp.
And then the negative the same way.

I cannot tell you the colors of the wires off the top of my head ... it's one of those EASY ADD.ONS.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:21 pm
Newb
Newb

Extra lazy "temporary" fix:
unplug the turn signal indicator.

I got a little behind while upgrading to led signals and didn't want to begin cutting and soldering in a hurry so, now I just have to remember if the flashers are on because there is no "click" sound from the relay and no indicator on the instruments :haw:

I'll fix it as soon as I open the front end up to tidy up the new signal harness, but for now I'm road legal!

Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3