View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 HowTo: Tweaker Blinkers or Led Conversion Signals 
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: JDM Head Light conversion with HID
Post HowTo: Tweaker Blinkers or Led Conversion Signals
You'll need the following Electronic Relay EP34 I got mine at Oreilly AutoParts on the way home from work.
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detai ... d=flr758bp

Here is my diagram and corresponding wires to connect it to.

No Diodes needed. =)

note: by adding blade connectors to your extension wires, you can actually plug this into the stock relay harness. no cutting, no hacking, etc... this just works... to each their own on the method they choose to fix their blinkers. This system will work with LED ONLY, REGULAR BULBS ONLY, OR MIXING BOTH into the system. If you want to get crazy you could add a potentiometer in the electronic flasher relay, thus having full control of the flashing times.

How-To: Tweaker Blinkers or Led Conversion Signals -- viewtopic.php?f=57&t=20785
How-To: Painting your plastic panels -- viewtopic.php?f=57&t=20367
Enviromoto Downhill Bar Install / Review -- viewtopic.php?f=54&t=20737

Last edited by dem0nk1d on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:21 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
Post Re: HowTo: Tweaker Blinkers or Led Conversion Signals
go to radio shack solder a resistor on left and right side to add more load it will get rid of the hyper flash

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
We've got a perfectly good HOW-TO here ::

Actually a few of them.
Old school was the LOAD.RESISTORS
The new ... improved ... no additional load required ... no cross.over blinking fix ... IS THE DIODES !!

Johnny will even sell you a kit to do it (this is best) and he's got a bunch of them ... so you don't have to go and shop at RadioShack ... go and read Johnny's fix for LED lights.

PLEASE !!
Well worth the $$ $$ ... the read ... and the fix ... it's absolutely perfect !!

ZUMIKE wrote:
go to radio shack solder a resistor on left and right side to add more load it will get rid of the hyper flash

Last edited by BioMedHMC on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:29 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

well this method works for me, if i wanted to add to this i'd just add a adjustable resistor directly to the relay. having the option to adjust the flashing relay. Just helping out community.

How-To: Tweaker Blinkers or Led Conversion Signals -- viewtopic.php?f=57&t=20785

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:12 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

It's a good write-up and gives everyone an option on how to setup their blinkers.

Besides, considering how alot of noobs never search for anything :doh: - yours is at the top of the list. :whip:

:cheers:

Tge4 wrote:
You guys have officially passed the point of my understanding of this issue/topic.... :patriot:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:05 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

plus no soldering, no cutting wires, etc.. some folks don't feel great about soldering. Also all the connectors can be crimped together, and taken off later if they want to re-sell the scooter stock.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:02 pm
Scoot Master

scooters and mods: 2012 Zuma 125. Dual headlight mod, rear trunk w/ LED brake light mod, Corbin saddle, C3 mirrors.
Just finished hooking up my LED rear turn signals (thanks Alpinevtec) with a Tridon EP34 electronic flasher that I picked up at AutoZone for $12.99. Install was quick and easy using the same wiring method dem0nk1d describes in his post. The new signals are nice and bright and no more crazy loud clicking from the stock flasher.

2012 Zuma 125. Race Concept Smart Man's 155cc BBK, Race Cam, TST Variator, Dr. Pulley Sliders 11gL/13gS, PG Black Exhaust, PG Clutch Bell, 12/40 Gears, NCY Direct Ignition, 1,000RPM Contra Spring, Dual Headlight mod w/ 45W H4's, BWS 125 LED Tail Light, Rear Trunk w/ LED Brake & Turn Signals, LED rear turn signals, Bar end mirrors, Chopped Tail, Duck Bill Rear Fender, Bag Hook, Fairing Basket, 12V socket, Fiamm Blaster Horn.

HID conversions are HIDeous!

https://sites.google.com/site/vanagonheadlightrelays/

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2009 Zuma 155
Your welcome! Lets see some pictures or a vid :D

Yoshimura TRC Carbon Fiber Exhaust,KOSO LED Tail Light,NYC Lightweight Fan,GJMS Speedo Cable Holder,Simota Hi-Flow Filter,NCY Direct Ignition,Magazi Led Signal Mirrors,Embedded LED Rear Signals,GJMS Fan Cover,GJMS Oil Cap,GJMS Rear Stabilizer Bar,GJMS GP-5RT,GJMS Forks,Frando HF2 Radial Caliper w/GJMS Mount,GJMS 260mm Rotor,Swageline SS Braided Line,GJMS Axle Pulleys,GJMS Ti-Coated Front Axle,Accel Bar,Accel Steering Stem,NYC Grips,NYC Throttle Control,GJMS Lever Set,RX1N/PGO Digital Guage,12t Majest Gears,CF Swing Arm,RC 155cc Kit w/2nd gen SRP Injector,High Lift Cam,Aluminium Nikasil Cylinder,Lighter Cam Gear,3D Billet Heat Sinks,3D Cam Breather,BMW e46 HID Projector,Prototype LED Front Signals,CF Parts,TST Varaitor 11g/12g Weights,Ariete Bridgeport Angled Valve Stems,Pirelli Diablo Tires,FRC Torque Drive,PG HD Clutch Bell,HD Clutch,1k Torque Spring,NCY Torque Spring Bearing,KS CNC Floor Board Plugs,Daytona +2mm Kevlar Belt

Mango Tango Build Thread: http://www.zumaforums.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19102

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:26 pm
Scooterologist

Sorry to resurrect this. I replaced the stock relay with the EP34. Positive to brown, Negative to ground and the last one to brown/white. I have the koso afterburners in the rear (regular bulbs) and some LED turn signals in the front. All four signals are blinking. Am I missing a step here?

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:00 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
Sounds right ... I just had to go and check the wiring diagram for colors.
LiqrSicc wrote:
EP34.
Am I missing a step here?
If this isn't working for you ... why not install the load.resisitors that SOMEONE has already discussed ... a couple of times ??

I'm not familiar with the EP34 (and I did read the specs) ... so I was HOPING that maybe they had internal load.resistors ... or even the diode fix INTERNAL to the EP34.
It sounded so good.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:20 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2009 Zuma 155
It is my perception that a lot of the ZF members try the EP34 solution because of its availability locally at various auto part stores. We live in an instant gratification society and many do not want to msg JohnnyFYX, wait for his response, then paypal him, then wait for their diode kit to arrive…

Just an observation, each to their own. I agree with Bio on this one, get a freakin, flippin Diode Kit from Johnny! D-O-N-E !!!

Oh and let's NOT foget that the Diode kit is less than half the price of the EP34.

Yoshimura TRC Carbon Fiber Exhaust,KOSO LED Tail Light,NYC Lightweight Fan,GJMS Speedo Cable Holder,Simota Hi-Flow Filter,NCY Direct Ignition,Magazi Led Signal Mirrors,Embedded LED Rear Signals,GJMS Fan Cover,GJMS Oil Cap,GJMS Rear Stabilizer Bar,GJMS GP-5RT,GJMS Forks,Frando HF2 Radial Caliper w/GJMS Mount,GJMS 260mm Rotor,Swageline SS Braided Line,GJMS Axle Pulleys,GJMS Ti-Coated Front Axle,Accel Bar,Accel Steering Stem,NYC Grips,NYC Throttle Control,GJMS Lever Set,RX1N/PGO Digital Guage,12t Majest Gears,CF Swing Arm,RC 155cc Kit w/2nd gen SRP Injector,High Lift Cam,Aluminium Nikasil Cylinder,Lighter Cam Gear,3D Billet Heat Sinks,3D Cam Breather,BMW e46 HID Projector,Prototype LED Front Signals,CF Parts,TST Varaitor 11g/12g Weights,Ariete Bridgeport Angled Valve Stems,Pirelli Diablo Tires,FRC Torque Drive,PG HD Clutch Bell,HD Clutch,1k Torque Spring,NCY Torque Spring Bearing,KS CNC Floor Board Plugs,Daytona +2mm Kevlar Belt

Mango Tango Build Thread: http://www.zumaforums.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19102

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:47 am
Scooterologist

BioMedHMC wrote:
Sounds right ... I just had to go and check the wiring diagram for colors.
LiqrSicc wrote:
EP34.
Am I missing a step here?
If this isn't working for you ... why not install the load.resisitors that SOMEONE has already discussed ... a couple of times ??

I'm not familiar with the EP34 (and I did read the specs) ... so I was HOPING that maybe they had internal load.resistors ... or even the diode fix INTERNAL to the EP34.
It sounded so good.

Yeah, looks like I'll have to go with the resistors.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:26 am
Scooterologist

Alpinevtec wrote:
It is my perception that a lot of the ZF members try the EP34 solution because of its availability locally at various auto part stores. We live in an instant gratification society and many do not want to msg JohnnyFYX, wait for his response, then paypal him, then wait for their diode kit to arrive…

Just an observation, each to their own. I agree with Bio on this one, get a freakin, flippin Diode Kit from Johnny! D-O-N-E !!!

Oh and let's NOT foget that the Diode kit is less than half the price of the EP34.

I googled Zumaforums, LED, Signal. First thing that popped up was this EP34 post showing it worked so that's what I went by.

Not everybody has as much "scooter time" as you or other members so, yes, convenience plays a big factor.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:33 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

most LED Turn signals have diodes built inside of them, so this worked out well for my conversion. Either get the diode kit, or go to rat shack and get some diodes from them.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:29 am
Scooterologist

dem0nk1d wrote:
most LED Turn signals have diodes built inside of them, so this worked out well for my conversion. Either get the diode kit, or go to rat shack and get some diodes from them.

I got these cheap turn signals from Amazon. Doesn't look like there's any diodes (other than the LEDs of course) so that may be the issue. Guess I'll order the kit from Johnny and I'll just plug the stock signals back in for the meantime.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next