View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 How to make a pull behind single wheel trailer :) 
Newb
Newb

Post How to make a pull behind single wheel trailer :)
Hello fellow Zummers or BWS125, depending on the country you are in :)

I've been contemplating on making a pull behind trailer for my BWS125 for about a year and finally got time to complete the project. I am wondering if anybody else has designed something similar and how successful did it turn out.

I don't know if there will be enough interest in this project but if so I will make a short video on YouTube on how I made it, but in the meanwhile I've attached a few pictures. It's made of 1x2 inch steel tubing with 1/8" wall, has a Yamaha Zuma rear tire (road worthy), plastic fencer, turning/stop/running lights and a trailer licence.

I've used the trailer a few times and it works awesome. I hardly feel it when pulling it loaded, thanks to the ball bearings in the articulating hitch. There is no jerking when I take off and cornering is very smooth and stable. I do feel that the trailer is sliding sideways when changing lanes otherwise it's a great trailer.

I was thinking of making an enclosed box for it but after trying "the flat deck" design as in the picture thinking of staying with it since it allows me to store odd shaped size objects and use bungee cords to tie it down.

My next step will be making a bike rack to carry my road and mountain bikes.

Attachment:
File comment: Final product
rsz_trailer.jpg
rsz_trailer.jpg [ 634.72 KiB | Viewed 432 times ]

Attachment:
trailer 2.JPG
trailer 2.JPG [ 678.47 KiB | Viewed 432 times ]

Attachment:
trailer 1.JPG
trailer 1.JPG [ 600.57 KiB | Viewed 432 times ]

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]