View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:23 am

Forum rules

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Attention++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Effective this week (8-12-11) The vendors area will be moving to a paid service to post vendor ad posts. This will be 30 dollars for a 6 month post, which breaks down to 5 dollars a month. This will include a Forum sponsor tag on your avatar, which will be required to make posts in the vendor section. Fees go towards hosting costs and keeping the forum the #1 source for Yamaha Zuma scooters.

Contact Jdubbya for details about getting a post in the vendor section.

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Stage6, STR8, Polini and malossi, yasuni 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post Re: Stage6, STR8, Polini and malossi, yasuni
That makes WAY more sense. And now that you say that, that cap seems to "guide" the seal over the shaft. When I put mine together (I only put that on once) I just used the molly grease supplied with the overrange and slid them together gently to not damage the seal. If you pop the seal out and measure it, depending on where you live, you should be able to take it to a bearing and seal shop and get a generic replacement. A seal is a seal, not much too it. If your gonna boat anchor that MHR, send it to me LOL.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma PreBug. MXS Race .55 squish, Polini Evo crank and evo bearings, Malossi Overrange 5.5g rollers, Stage 6 MKII Clutch, malossi 14/42 primary Polini 14/41 secondary 8.9:1, MXS Hyperhace exhaust, Stage 6 intake, VForce 3 reeds, Stage 6 VHST 26mm flat slide (125mj/35sj/50 slide/d44 needle), Malossi MHR inner rotor 28° advance, Nolgy Hotwire, Mallosi RS3 shock.

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

The part in Question is a Seal Protector. It let the lips of the seal transition over the flat face of the inner bushing. You would only need it if you take the pulley halve off the bushing.
When you re-install it, is when it is used. You do not want to throw it away, for some day you will need it.

They are commonly used in the repair industry. If it makes you feel any better, they are often misunderstood for thread protector. And get thrown out with the rubbage.

MHR Hyper Race, 70cc #318440 / Yasuni C-16 pipe, Stage 6 HPC 12mm Crank, Polini C-3 Race Brg. MVT premium, IGGY, TNT- Adj- Inj Pump / Y-Plate, Motul 710, Malossi Over-Range Var-6.0 rollers,Torque Boost Rear Pulley & Stage 6 k-belt, Orange, Contra / 1 spacer, DR HIT Clutch,red malossi race / no pillows+ STG 6 433 Bell, 15-50 Up Gear, Moto Tassinari VF3 Reed's & 4mm spacer, Clone-Blk 21mm, MJ #-94,PJ#42, W-7 2nd , 45*Slide, OEM Airbox , Snorkle out, 5 vents, Side Stand, Daytona Style Alloy Wheels,WD Torsion Arm, Stage 6 R/T Multimeter, Strt-8-HD Fan Trimmed + Air Scoop 50cc Fan Housing, Frt - Pirelli - SL 26 - 120/90/10, Rear- Shinko - 160/70/12, Frando Racing / 5DV-001 Ceramic Rear Shoes - Sigma BC-8 Speedometer-

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:12 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Well I tossed mine I think, but I don't see any reason that if put together carefully the seal should be fine. Plus when exactly do you need to take the halves totally apart?

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma PreBug. MXS Race .55 squish, Polini Evo crank and evo bearings, Malossi Overrange 5.5g rollers, Stage 6 MKII Clutch, malossi 14/42 primary Polini 14/41 secondary 8.9:1, MXS Hyperhace exhaust, Stage 6 intake, VForce 3 reeds, Stage 6 VHST 26mm flat slide (125mj/35sj/50 slide/d44 needle), Malossi MHR inner rotor 28° advance, Nolgy Hotwire, Mallosi RS3 shock.

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Mr. Merz wrote:
Also i have a friend with a Aero in search of a bbk, af05 engine. Not sure if you ever roll thru Columbia scooters bit I work as a tech there.

Nice! Yeah, I gave columbia my cards last year. nice group. I work at oregon electric group, on taylor.. The aero, is an exciting deal for me. I have a dozen, hand built pipes in transit at the moment, that gained me 1100 rpm, and 10mph..Pipe alone. hands down better than anything that's ever been on the market. I have one 255lb customer doing 55 on an aero, without gears. 65 is definitely achievable. Pipes should be here in a week. i also stock manifold adapters, polini carbs that bolt to stock block, malossi big bore kits, polini belts, polini clutches, bells and variators. Oh and gears. I think I have more parts in house for the spree/elite/aero crowd than any usa shop.

As for right now, Im out of my home, but I do have a 500hp motorcycle/scooter dyno in my shop :). Oh and 14 scoots. Im hoping the website will help me to open a storefront. Been slowly getting all the tooling and supplies. I just got started in stage6. I need to figure out what parts you guys prefer, then I can stock up. Most my stuff pertaining to yamahas, has been package orders. I just got in some mirrors, kickers, booster stage6 pipe, yasuni c16, some srt8 sidecovers and whatnot. But it all went out the door to customers. I'm new to the yamaha scene. Also forgot to add, I have a connection for jog zxr complete bikes and parts. As well as eve smile, G-dash and dio zx. Still working on the aerox stuff, but I have a few guys in my pocket for impossible to find overseas stuff.

Got a stage6 shipment in today, aswell as a nice yasuni c16 Im having modified to fit the honda dio. :cheers:

Tell your buddy to check my website out.

as for the overrange kit, I have yet to hear back from malossi. They don't have the rubber seal as a part number. It would be a special deal. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Nice man when your back in p-town we should meet up if you're game, i would love to check out that dyno setup. I'm always looking to meet like minded scooter people. How much are you gonna be selling those Aero pipes for? Also on the sight under aero i didn't see any kits. What kits bolt up to the AF05? I've been looking for the stage 6 streetrace for the vertical minarelli for ever, any chance you could put in a word to them and see if its still made? Yeah i was prolly working when you dropped off cards, my boss is not to down with performance stuff kinda lame but it pays the bills.

Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Mr. Merz wrote:
Nice man when your back in p-town we should meet up if you're game, i would love to check out that dyno setup. I'm always looking to meet like minded scooter people. How much are you gonna be selling those Aero pipes for? Also on the sight under aero i didn't see any kits. What kits bolt up to the AF05? I've been looking for the stage 6 streetrace for the vertical minarelli for ever, any chance you could put in a word to them and see if its still made? Yeah i was prolly working when you dropped off cards, my boss is not to down with performance stuff kinda lame but it pays the bills.

Well, lets get together one of these days. I live in portland. Im nere now :) Just went to dyno a bike today, and my dyno hardware stack went down. Sucks, just sent it out for repair. I'll keep you in mind for when I do open a shop, Ill need some hands.. I was hammered with service work last summer, but I decided to pull the plug on it till I had a storefront, and more help. THe pipes will be in the 250-300 range. The wild lions are junk, and so are the sp3's, as far as performance. THey were intended to be oem replacement pipes for the aero. they are both disco'd and sell for $250 used, so I have no doubt these will sell quick. They completely change the way the bike runs. Day and night. The bike actually starts to pull around 4k, and it sings up to 8200. I never got the chance to put it on the dyno, as I sent it out for someone as a test subject. I also have malossi, and kitaco slotted pads, and malossi cdi's for aero.

Malossi, and airsal make a kit for the aero, but the malossi is the top choice. Im really driven to sell the best of the best, and if its not out there, I do my best to make it myself, such as the aero carb adapters. I don't want to stock a bunch of parts, that don't work well, to sit on a shelf.

Malossi Aero big bore kit

http://scooterswapshop.com/store/scoote ... g-bore-kit

I'll ask stage6 tonight, but it looks like they are disco'd. We do a good amount of riding on weekends, and tuesday nights, during the summer. Bring your bike over, we'll throw it on the dyno for fun. Its a blast.

the current chassis for testing pipes, manifolds, and carbs on the dio.

Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Word man i would love to work on performance stuff if you guys get swamped, were pretty slow right now for the most part. I'm building my prebug hopefully have it beast mode by spring scoot. I love one upping the vespa crowd on newer scooters. Do you have a dealer acct setup with polini? That was my second choice of bbk for the vertical. Trying to stick to a lower revving torque build for wheelies. I'm actually planning to set the Guinness world record for scooter wheelie, which surprisingly is only like 400'. I'm trying to scope a 5 mile spot somewhere to smash the record, but the criteria says it has to be flat land and that's rare around here haha.

Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Mr. Merz wrote:
Word man i would love to work on performance stuff if you guys get swamped, were pretty slow right now for the most part. I'm building my prebug hopefully have it beast mode by spring scoot. I love one upping the vespa crowd on newer scooters. Do you have a dealer acct setup with polini? That was my second choice of bbk for the vertical. Trying to stick to a lower revving torque build for wheelies. I'm actually planning to set the Guinness world record for scooter wheelie, which surprisingly is only like 400'. I'm trying to scope a 5 mile spot somewhere to smash the record, but the criteria says it has to be flat land and that's rare around here haha.

Yes sir, I import from polini of italy directly. I can have polini parts in about 7 days. They use DHL, which defies physics. Once I received my shipment in three days, italy to oregon. Crazy.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:54 am
Profile WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

ScooterSwapShop wrote:
Mr. Merz wrote:

Yes sir, I import from polini of italy directly. I can have polini parts in about 7 days. They use DHL, which defies physics. Once I received my shipment in three days, italy to oregon. Crazy.

Sick!!!! Want to shoot a quote for the polio corsa 70cc for the mbk booster? That's the kit I've decided to go with.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Polini doesn't make the corsa for the booster anymore. But they do offer an alum cylinder kit @$250 shipped :toot: I am doing a polini, and a stage6 order mid week. Think about it, and let me know what you decide. Im going to get a couple mbk booster stage6 70cc kits in, aswell as yasuni pipes, and stage6 pipes. Just got this guy in today, I love yasuni.

On a side note, were you wearing blue shoes today? Went by columbia scoots heading back from ne portland, and saw a guy wearing blue sneakers outside. :D

got some direct fire ncy coilpacks too

Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Is the aluminum Polini kit single ring? Scooter attack lists the corsa as in stock, but they might just have some left over. I love the twin ring on the corsa. I didn't work today, so that wasn't me haha. I'm planning to order parts after Christmas when I have money for it, saving up for a trip to Florida on the 11th. What S6 kit for the vertical will you have? I'm looking to do midrace at the highest i don't want to have to go past 10,000 to make power. We'll have to get together for sure I'd much rather order thru you and just pick the parts up rather than order thru scooter attack even tho those dudes are legit. So far the corsa seems to be the best match for what I'm building tho. I'll prolly end up getting a better pipe eventually to, what's your price on the c16?

Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Nvm just saw you added it to the site. God damn that exhaust is sexy haha

Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Mr. Merz wrote:
Nvm just saw you added it to the site. God damn that exhaust is sexy haha

Keep it local! Polini doesn't list the corsa anymore in their book, but I did just find it through another one of my vendors. Not sure why its not in the catalog. Either way looks like I can get it!

Scooter attack is $580 for the c16 and corsa, NOT shipped. Im guessing shipping is around $60. So $640. But check my prices. I'll do it for $100 less than scooterattack, whatever the total is.. And you can come by and pick it up :) Im also doing a stage6, and polini order this week. I'll have you a polini catalog to breeze through.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Legit man!!!

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:39 am
Profile WWW
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Mr. Merz wrote:
Legit man!!!

I'll prove myself here on this board. Just give me the opportunity :haw:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:07 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next