View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 966 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 65  Next
 What's the riding weather like where you live?? 
Queen of the damned

scooters and mods: Cutest Vino 125 around!
Post What's the riding weather like where you live??
This may sound like repetetive question to some of you that frequent "The other board that shall remain nameless"............but as you unimaginative bunch have given me nothing to work with..............I thought I'd give myself a thread that I could frequent everyday.......... :)

It's freakin HOT!!!! It's 32 degrees celsius here.......not sure what that is in Farenheit............when are y'all going to enter this millenium anyway.....bunch a backward..........and that's without the humidex...

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:53 pm
Scooter Addict

Here in Miami its also very hot, but I find I still need a jacket when scooting. The wind chill makes it kind of cold. Recently its been raining alot, today I rode my scoot to work and forgot to check the weather. Looks like I will be riding back in the rain/ thunder storm.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:11 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2002 Zuma, Duplicolor Deep Jewel Green, dual headlight mod, brake light led scanner.
32 degrees, eh, you need to cool off with a cool, crisp Kokanee.

My only knowledge of the metric sytem comes from having to listen to Canadian radio. Our stations suck here and Im too far away to get Seattle stations.

89.6 degrees if I did my math right.

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2002 Zuma, Duplicolor Deep Jewel Green, dual headlight mod, brake light led scanner.
We are using a clearly superior system. Its the whole rest of the word that has it wrong. :russbus:

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: What's the riding weather like where you live??
vinogal wrote:
This may sound like repetetive question to some of you that frequent "The other board that shall remain nameless"............but as you unimaginative bunch have given me nothing to work with..............I thought I'd give myself a thread that I could frequent everyday.......... :)

It's freakin HOT!!!! It's 32 degrees celsius here.......not sure what that is in Farenheit............when are y'all going to enter this millenium anyway.....bunch a backward..........and that's without the humidex...

Why nameless? As far as entering this millennium, the web is full of celsius to fahrenheit converters. And Humidex(?), Canadian meteorologists are the only ones who use it.

I have a suspicion that the Humidex is like the wind chill index that everyone keeps going on about.
:clint:

Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:00 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

What would a texan know about windchill, they wear long undies all summer long anyway.

Last night, we missed 5 tornadoes by a teeny bit. Today, went to Greenbay looking for new wheels for the summer. It was clear, breezy and close to 80. Tomorrow should bring the same. Going scoot'n tonight in my skivvies, should be in the 70's away from the lake. Near the lake, its 50/60ish. When wifey is riding with me, and catches that air, she can hear me yelling "Turkeys done!!!"

Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:53 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

we missed 5 tornadoes by a teeny bit"

I that anything like being a little bit pregnant?

Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:01 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Not really. Prego is prego. We had a sunny but windy evening. Just north had 4 inch hail, and 5 twisters set down in some small towns. We didn't get a drop of rain, or thunder or anything.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:27 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Huh? Prego is Italian for "You're welcome," or "Please".

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:05 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

After finding out she was pregnant, we had words like thanks, and your welcome.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:39 pm
Queen of the damned

Well.....it's hot again..........just got back from the beach...............We had the closest thing to a Tornado that I have ever seen here yesterday afternoon. Weird.....I had just finished putting up this thread about it being hot........then the computer went down.......and is now just back up.............when I heard some god awful noises. Could barely see for all the sand swirling around in the air........then we got rian......then we got hail..........then it was over....all within 20 mins........They have still not confirmed wether there was any tornadic activity in they area or not.........Talked to all the neighbours this morning........it seems like many took shelter in their basements..............Me.....I took the whole family out on the front porch to watch.....ooops........only lost one cat to the high winds....................just joking...............Anyway...seems I shouldn't have started this thread about the weather........as it seems.....I was asking for it........ :(

Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:53 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Temperature is 90 F. (32 C.) with a light wind. Partly cloudy. Perfect riding weather. Unfortunately, scoots down. :argh:

Nature can be scary, huh? In 1983 I was living in Kemah, Texas. It was a small town on Galveston Bay just across Clear Creek from Seabrook. The wife and I (along with 2 cats and a hamster) rode out Hurricane Alicia on a fishing party boat named The Kemah Clipper. (Safer than it sounds if you have the right Captain.)

For facts on Alicia see here:

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/hurican ... alicia.htm

Images here:

http://www.jimzura.com/Update901/PhotoAliciaPage.htm

Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:33 am
Queen of the damned

Hey old guy.........how many times have you moved?........seems like you've lived everywhere..... :3:

Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:52 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hey old guy.........how many times have you moved?........seems like you've lived everywhere..... :3:

This question made me think more than you might imagine. Quite honestly, I have forgotten how many different career changes I have had and how many different places I have lived in.

Check your PM's

Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:11 am
Queen of the damned

It was a beautiful day here today.....but didn't get a chance to take out the scoot.......spent the day at a Mustang show.....SCOOTER13 won a prize.......and even though I was at a conservation area......still got a chance to shop.....One of the auction items was a gift certificate to my favorite store.......go figure........scored a $50 gift certificate for $30.............yeah for me. :)

Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 966 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 65  Next