View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Good Deal? 
Newb
Newb

Post Good Deal?
Ok I have two questions. First there is this 2014 Yamaha zuma 50F for sale for $1250. It has 2800 miles on it and looks pretty good. The only thing is that it's missing the mirrors which I don't think would be too expensive to replace. Is this a good deal? My second question is that it's an hour away if I want to get it and I have a pick up truck and was wanting some advice on how to secure so it doesn't get damaged on the way back.

Tue May 09, 2017 12:45 pm
Newb
Newb

Post Re: Good Deal?
I generally see used 50f's for under $1,000.00 in georgia, but here we don't need titles, I rarely ever see one with the title. Since people don't have to register them here, they take the certificate of origin home and accidentally throw it away when it's new. I bought mine for $500 from a guy near Charleston, SC but the plastics were messed up. i spent at least $500 more getting it looking right. I should have just held out for a better bike.

If you're spending over 1k, hold out for the right bike.

I have a pair of these straps.

https://www.amazon.com/Cartman-Soft-Tie ... cle+straps

When i transport a bike in the truck, I just put it on the center stand and wiggle it forward until the wheel is at the front of the bed, then I use these and a pair of tie down straps to pull it forward, keeps straps from tearing anything up.

Thu May 11, 2017 5:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]