View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 just bought a barely used scooter needing TLC 
Newb
Newb

Post just bought a barely used scooter needing TLC
Hello everyone!

I am pretty excited by the idea of riding a scooter (I did it once a year ago on a friends in an alley since I don't have a motor cycle license yet).

I recently acquired a 2013 Yamaha Zuma 50f that is currently non-running, but was hardly ridden, it has about 100 miles on it. So it is basically brand new. I got it for a song since the previous owner had some sever health issues and couldn't ride any more. I have never worked on a scooter or motorcycle before, but I have worked on my Isuzu rodeo, so I am hoping to possibly be able to do most or all of the work on my Zuma to get it running again.

Currently it does not start (dead battery, probably a bad core since it wont even register when hooked up to a battery charger), but I was told last time it was started the check engine light was coming on but it was running fine (2 years ago). I am thinking that I should start with a battery, oil change, drain and replace gas, and possibly drain and replace radiator fluid... any other suggestions? am i better off taking it in to a shop?

Never wrenched on a bike before so any suggestions would be wonderful!

thanks,
M~

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]