View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 How to locate CDI Box 
Newb
Newb

Post How to locate CDI Box
Hey guys newbie here!

So I bought a Yamaha Zuma 2015 50cc about 2 years ago just for the strict purpose of going to work around my area and home plus ping to few stores.... recently, I just got into the thought of modifying my Zuma to make it go faster and make it look cool (since I barely see people riding scooters in my area), and a family friend of mine told me to start off by buying a Racing CDI Box to which I did. Now my problem is I took off the seat, side covers and everything around my seat area to find my CDI Box but for some reason I can’t find the CDI Box as to where it’s at. I don’t really wanna spend $$$ to have someone do it for me when I watched videos on YouTube, it wasn’t that hard. If anyone can tell me where it’s located please that’d be awesome! And also what else I need to do to beef up my Zuma??

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:36 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Post Re: How to locate CDI Box
Because you didn’t not have a Cdi box spark is controlled by the ecu

Efi scoots are a whole new beast the reasons you don’t see much for the 12 and newer z50 is it’s expensive for very little gain look at the stuff people have done to the c3

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:15 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Also just an FYI unless the scooter has a rev limiter a racing cdi is worthless there are multiple threads around the diffrent boards that show the boxes don’t have any diffrent spark map then stock the only gain is in rev limited scooters that don’t have a wire to cut going into the cdi

Besides in a 4 stroke if you could gain more rpm from a cdi you would need to change your valve springs or you will run into valve float

Bore kit and larger injector with pipe and intake work will gain you some more power but minimal speed gain as no real rpm increase

For rpm increase you will need a cam swap

If you give up some bottom end acceleration you might find up gears I don’t think there is an over range because you’re u can’t remove the electronic start

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:20 pm
Newb
Newb

Can you help me try to locate the cdi box on my Zuma?

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:40 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

You don’t have one that’s what I said. The fuel njection computer controls the spark and fuel.

Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]