View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Yamaha Zuma 50F press event (official post high res) 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post Re: Yamaha Zuma 50F press event (official post high res)
This shows the difference in seating position compared to Gen2:

Attachments:
P1010020.JPG
P1010020.JPG [ 2.14 MiB | Viewed 4581 times ]

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?
Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

jdubbya wrote:
Heres a couple things you guys might find interesting, here are some styling ideas they had for 2012 that didnt make the cut:

Do you have a scanner? I would love to see those as high res scans. I love prototype and concept art!

Notice the headlight options , the Asia BWS style for instance. I hate the angular vee-type headlights - sure glad they didn't go for that!

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:35 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I have a scanner but its a finicky ol whore.

I told them they should release headlight option packages, people would buy the piss out of some of those. Bolt on vertical headlight mod!

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Find a friend with a scanner. Some printing places will scan and put onto a disc for you.

It might be a possible business for somebody with the skills to fab parts out of fiberglass. Then use one of the stock headlights for the big one and a MadAss projector for the smaller one.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:44 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

We have a scanner at work. Maybe ill get some done for you.

This shows the inspiration for the Yamaha Zuma, which i never really made the connection before, its styled after a dirt bike:

Attachments:
P1010021.JPG
P1010021.JPG [ 2.39 MiB | Viewed 4581 times ]

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

yes ive always thought my fender looks like a old dirt bike I had, love how it looks
these scooters really dont look like anything else name brand out there but the honda ruckus
you can find china clones of the zuma though

so which came out first, the zuma or ruckus
who stole the idea of the bug eye lights

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Quote:
Initially released in 2001 in Japan as the Zoomer, the NPS50 made it to North America for the 2003 model year as the Ruckus.

Zuma went bugeye in 02, so, tough call.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nick Batzdorf wrote:
The other thing that struck me is how weird it looks when people ride in the normal seat position! :)
(note that I'm not saying gay, just weird) You're so upright!

The bike seems to be designed for someone 5'6" tall.

Ha !! Ha !! Ha !!

Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:57 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

its quite comfortable to ride up front, I had to once because of a large backpack
but any small turn and my legs were hitting the bars
guess if the bars were higher you could solve that problem, but they must be designed for 5'5 riders

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

ZUMIKE wrote:
who stole the idea of the bug eye lights

The styling cue has been around longer than Honda & Yamaha.
But ... whoever knows which came first ... the Ruckus or the Zuma ... I'd like to know.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:17 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

is that a bug eyed sprite, my dad is having a near end of life crisis thinking he is going to get one of those and somehow squeeze himself into one and drive away :awesome:

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

ZUMIKE wrote:
is that a bug eyed sprite :awesome:

Yeah, that's what it is ...
This was my very first car (this isn't mine), 1959 Austin Healey Sprite, 950cc. ... BUG.EYE

Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:34 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

jdubbya wrote:
This shows the inspiration for the Yamaha Zuma, which i never really made the connection before, its styled after a dirt bike:

maybe they can take one more inspiration from that bike. 250cc!! :q:

2009 Zuma 155 - 23k miles, Corbin Seat, Pirelli GTS23/24, Triple X Highway Pegs, DCR Glove Box, Rear Carrier, Emgo Trunk, Yamaha Windshield, 12/39 Gearing, TST Variator with 10/12 rollers and thick TST shim, Koso Clutch, Phongeer Bell, Ruima Fan, LED Tail Light, C3 mirrors, Samurai X Shocks, Vertical Headlight, RC 155kit (piston, cam, cam gear, injector), 260mm disc, 8" stretch, longer cables and Leo Vince pipe
2008 Zuma 50 - Sold (3,900 miles)
Photo Gallery Springfield Scooter Club Scooter Trailer Service Manuals Yamaha/Honda Image

Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:59 am
Profile WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Can see from that ergonomics pic that the new one seems to sit a bit closer to the ground. Fine for those that are into lowering things. But not for those of us that like to play in the dirt. Smacked the bottom of mine a few times already (And had to slide it over stuff)

The 2012 is still growing on me though. I like the separate handlebar setup, the bigger under seat compartment, the extended range even though it has a smaller tank (still 50/50 on loss of floorboard space though).
Seat looks more comfy too with it not being so swept forward. But that would have to be determined with a test ride.

And in general 90% of riding is done on pavement. So a bit lower could be adjusted to.

Top Performance Trophy 70cc, Stage6 small end bearing, 2005 carb needle raised one notch, Malossi carbon reeds, 84 main jet from Yamaha, Throttle mod, LeoVince TT, Polini Speed Contol variator (#241-301), Hoca Racing drive face, 7g adige sliders, Malossi yellow torque spring, dual headlight mod, triple brake light mod with LEDs, LED plate light, less bulbous turn signals, 12v power port, Air horn, RAM GPS mount, 15W fork oil, Shinko SR 426 4 ply Dual Sport tires, Ducted trans cooling with a fan up under the cowling so I can still ride through mud.
Build thread: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19720

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:56 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

BioMedHMC wrote:
ZUMIKE wrote:
is that a bug eyed sprite :awesome:

Yeah, that's what it is ...
This was my very first car (this isn't mine), 1959 Austin Healey Sprite, 950cc. ... BUG.EYE

It was my first car too, although mine was a 1960.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next