View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 HELP - 50F Overall height measurement 
Newb
Newb

Post HELP - 50F Overall height measurement
All, I am wondering if one of you are will to assist me. I am planning to pick up a new 2012 Zuma 50F and want to see if it will fit in the back of my pickup truck that currently has a bed cap/cover on it. I have about 44" to play with, reading the yamaha site, it says that the scooter is 43.1" tall. Does anyone know if that includes the mirrors?

Are there any 2012 50F owners out there willing to measure the following for me?

1. Ground to the highest point including the mirrors.

2. Ground to the highest point, not including the mirrors. (If you could state what the highest point is other than the mirrors, that would be beyond awesome)

Before I go to the dealership, I want to see if I need to rent a trailer or not. Thanks so much!!!

Happy Scooting! :cheers:

Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:02 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: HELP - 50F Overall height measurement
you can take off the mirrors and use a strap around bars and through wheel compress the forks some
loosen lower shock mount and the rear will drop a few inches
if you end up needing those extra couple inches

or if your brave drain out fuel and oil and lay it on the side with a ton of padding

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

Thanks!

I'd prefer not to drain all the fluids...any idea how tall it is without the mirrors?

- Loving the ride!

Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:45 pm
Newb
Newb

I like the idea of compressing the shock, great idea, that will probably buy me 3-4" right?

- Loving the ride!

Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:04 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

why not call where ever your getting the scooter from, im sure they would be willing to get you the measurements

figure mirrors at least 10 inches high

not sure how far you are but ive had dealerships deliver bikes to my house even used bikes

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

Kingranch1341 wrote:
I like the idea of compressing the shock, great idea, that will probably buy me 3-4" right?

well lets see there is less then 3 in of suspension travel on the zuma

so if you manage to get full compresion you will get maybe 2.5 inches in the front more then likely you will get 2 in the front if your lucky

the 43 in is foing to be to the head unit so to get that short you will need to pull the mirrors

to get it into a truck that has a topper on it that has 44 in of clearance you will need to bring the scooter level to even think about getting it in the bed of the truck

Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:18 pm
Newb
Newb

Trailer it is! Thanks so much!

- Loving the ride!

Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:36 pm
Newb
Newb

One more idea, I could loosen, then lower the handle bars too, correct?

- Loving the ride!

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:22 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

you can take the bars off then the mount for the speedo can come off because that would still be up higher

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:05 am
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

- Loving the ride!

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]