View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Manifold destiny: cooking with your engine 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post Manifold destiny: cooking with your engine
Been planning this camping trip to the Northwest scooter rally in July. Trying to convince the wife to let me do some cooking while we ride :)

Quote:
The cooking times in _Manifold Destiny_ are given in mileage. This cookbook lists many tasty dishes and gives detailed, practical advice on how to prepare them on your car engine.

It works like this: find a hot spot on your engine, then wrap your food in tin foil, wedge the package into the hot spot, and drive....

Pull up the hood when you stop, then unwrap the package and chow down. I tried salmon filets with a suburban; they cooked very nicely after about fifty miles.

This book is a genuine contribution to cookbook literature.

Quote:
Contains some interesting recipes for cooking on your car's manifold. I gave it as a gift to a relative who gave ME a "Road Kill Cookbook".

http://www.amazon.com/Manifold-Destiny- ... 1416596232

Here is a guide to cooking with your engine (geared more toward cars)

Anybody tried anything like this? Im temped to pull the underseat cover on the Majesty and throw some weenies on before the trip.

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Sat May 11, 2013 3:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Manifold destiny: cooking with your engine
I don't know if it's gonna work on a scooter.

Too much air moving around the engine ... trying to "cool.off" the heat. It's a air cooled engine.
Cars/trucks ... different animal.

Maybe something that requires LOW heat for a long time ?? You could do a brisket !! j/k

Sat May 11, 2013 4:06 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Had the Majesty in mind. There are 3 screws that pull up a cover under the seat, and the head is right there. They actually put heat material on the bottom side of the plastic. Its like an oven in the under seat compartment on a long ride. The heat just kind of rises.

Here is a guy frying a trout on his bike exhaust:

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Sat May 11, 2013 4:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

Used to cook on the engine deck of the old m60 tank and on the engine of tge m577 all the time when i was in the army

Sun May 12, 2013 12:45 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

jmkjr72 wrote:
Used to cook on the engine deck of the old m60 tank and on the engine of tge m577 all the time when i was in the army

that was my first thought when seeing the topic title. :D

don't think there's a vehicle that didn't get used that way.

2009 Zuma 155 - 23k miles, Corbin Seat, Pirelli GTS23/24, Triple X Highway Pegs, DCR Glove Box, Rear Carrier, Emgo Trunk, Yamaha Windshield, 12/39 Gearing, TST Variator with 10/12 rollers and thick TST shim, Koso Clutch, Phongeer Bell, Ruima Fan, LED Tail Light, C3 mirrors, Samurai X Shocks, Vertical Headlight, RC 155kit (piston, cam, cam gear, injector), 260mm disc, 8" stretch, longer cables and Leo Vince pipe
2008 Zuma 50 - Sold (3,900 miles)
Photo Gallery Springfield Scooter Club Scooter Trailer Service Manuals Yamaha/Honda Image

Sun May 12, 2013 1:04 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

DerHahn wrote:
jmkjr72 wrote:
that was my first thought when seeing the topic title. :D
don't think there's a vehicle that didn't get used that way.

All right ... all right ... you guys can shut the hell up at any time now !! !!
I was usually glad to know that someone/anyone had a heat tab in the pocket.
Didn't see many wheeled vehicles.

I can still ENJOY a stone.cold cup of coffee !! !!

Sun May 12, 2013 5:37 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lol! Had done some simple cooking on the manifold of my '69 straight 6 250CI Chevy... :D

Sun May 12, 2013 6:19 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

Just wztch the american version of top gear
It shows what can go wrong with engine cooking

Sun May 12, 2013 11:17 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

BioMedHMC wrote:
All right ... all right ... you guys can shut the hell up at any time now !! !!
I was usually glad to know that someone/anyone had a heat tab in the pocket.
Didn't see many wheeled vehicles.

then you would have hated seeing my squad. we had a 109 van which was like an rv. full length work benches on both sides. had the camp cookers and jiffy pop. :D

but used the manifolds of every wheeled vehicle to heat the mre packets. dry socks, gloves etc.

2009 Zuma 155 - 23k miles, Corbin Seat, Pirelli GTS23/24, Triple X Highway Pegs, DCR Glove Box, Rear Carrier, Emgo Trunk, Yamaha Windshield, 12/39 Gearing, TST Variator with 10/12 rollers and thick TST shim, Koso Clutch, Phongeer Bell, Ruima Fan, LED Tail Light, C3 mirrors, Samurai X Shocks, Vertical Headlight, RC 155kit (piston, cam, cam gear, injector), 260mm disc, 8" stretch, longer cables and Leo Vince pipe
2008 Zuma 50 - Sold (3,900 miles)
Photo Gallery Springfield Scooter Club Scooter Trailer Service Manuals Yamaha/Honda Image

Sun May 12, 2013 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

jmkjr72 wrote:
Just wztch the american version of top gear
It shows what can go wrong with engine cooking

That was a good one. If I remember right, they arced out the battery with a tin foil covered baked potato.

Mon May 13, 2013 5:48 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

Can of beans exploded and shorted out most of the ele system on the jeep

Mon May 13, 2013 12:27 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

jmkjr72 wrote:
Can of beans exploded and shorted out most of the ele system on the jeep

Well duh on that one.....if ya cook with a pressure cooker ya gotta keep watch lol! I just did simple stuff (hotdogs, hamburger patties....) wrapped in aluminum foil and placed n either intake manifold or exhaust manifold......depending on time to destination.....

Mon May 13, 2013 1:46 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I've actually mounted a small bread pan under the hood of my 4x4. Even seals the front and side edges against the hood liner. :)
Good for throwing a few hotpockets or leftover pizza in and such for warm food by lunch time during the cold months on snow runs. (All wrapped in a few layers of foil)

Top Performance Trophy 70cc, Stage6 small end bearing, 2005 carb needle raised one notch, Malossi carbon reeds, 84 main jet from Yamaha, Throttle mod, LeoVince TT, Polini Speed Contol variator (#241-301), Hoca Racing drive face, 7g adige sliders, Malossi yellow torque spring, dual headlight mod, triple brake light mod with LEDs, LED plate light, less bulbous turn signals, 12v power port, Air horn, RAM GPS mount, 15W fork oil, Shinko SR 426 4 ply Dual Sport tires, Ducted trans cooling with a fan up under the cowling so I can still ride through mud.
Build thread: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19720

Tue May 21, 2013 5:09 pm
Newb
Newb

Years ago - I got glass baby bottles and would head the baby's milk on the intake manifold as we drove on vacation.
A few years ago I took some leftover venison and cut it into thin strips, added onions, and peppers...we drove up into northern Michigan to our deer camp and had a hot lunch on the way making Michigan Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches....heated the same way...on the manifold in aluminum foil.

Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]