View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Links to outside of ZF epic trips/camping. 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post Links to outside of ZF epic trips/camping.
So I'm just going to start this.
Something to serve as inspiration and info.

In here will be links to trips others outside of ZF have done. Whether it be a just a out and back weekend thing. Or an epic journey taking as much as they can with them.

I think the only rules here have to be:
1. Two wheels and a small engine (We can decide what is a small engine as we go, a 250 on the right trip would seem too small...). An exception to this rule would be finding an awesome trip where someone took an old Vespa with a sidecar out into BFE and camped for a few days..... Ok, 3 wheels is good there. ;)
2. There needs to be camping of course, and a scoot or group of scoots loaded with camping gear. A cross country trip moteling it the whole way can be epic, but not really what I think this section is about.

I'm gonna start with a pretty epic moped tour/camping trip that was done in the 70's.
http://www.mopedtrip.com/
Makes anything I'll ever do on the Zuma look like a trip to the 7-11.... ;)

Top Performance Trophy 70cc, Stage6 small end bearing, 2005 carb needle raised one notch, Malossi carbon reeds, 84 main jet from Yamaha, Throttle mod, LeoVince TT, Polini Speed Contol variator (#241-301), Hoca Racing drive face, 7g adige sliders, Malossi yellow torque spring, dual headlight mod, triple brake light mod with LEDs, LED plate light, less bulbous turn signals, 12v power port, Air horn, RAM GPS mount, 15W fork oil, Shinko SR 426 4 ply Dual Sport tires, Ducted trans cooling with a fan up under the cowling so I can still ride through mud.
Build thread: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19720

Tue May 28, 2013 12:42 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Links to outside of ZF epic trips/camping.
TeamCatFlap wrote:
A cross country trip moteling it the whole way can be epic, but not really what I think this section is about.

the scooter cannonball definitely meets the epic part. not sure if any have camped along the way though.

but the link does show the scoot near a tent with a 12 pack on the scoot. :D

http://www.matt-toigo.com/cannonball

2009 Zuma 155 - 23k miles, Corbin Seat, Pirelli GTS23/24, Triple X Highway Pegs, DCR Glove Box, Rear Carrier, Emgo Trunk, Yamaha Windshield, 12/39 Gearing, TST Variator with 10/12 rollers and thick TST shim, Koso Clutch, Phongeer Bell, Ruima Fan, LED Tail Light, C3 mirrors, Samurai X Shocks, Vertical Headlight, RC 155kit (piston, cam, cam gear, injector), 260mm disc, 8" stretch, longer cables and Leo Vince pipe
2008 Zuma 50 - Sold (3,900 miles)
Photo Gallery Springfield Scooter Club Scooter Trailer Service Manuals Yamaha/Honda Image

Tue May 28, 2013 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2002 Zuma, Duplicolor Deep Jewel Green, dual headlight mod, brake light led scanner.
Not 100% camping, but I think this fits:

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 4eb687afc0

The story of Wan, a Korean touring the country on a 50cc Ruckus.

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Wed May 29, 2013 3:38 am
Profile YIM WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I'd say those both count. Truly epic rides. And both were carrying plenty of gear, so it covers the look at what to bring category.
I thought I saw tents at some points as well. :)

And Wan's ride was one I was thinking of that should be added. And there it is. :)

I've ran across other rides as well that should fit in nicely. As I can dig them up I'll add them.

Top Performance Trophy 70cc, Stage6 small end bearing, 2005 carb needle raised one notch, Malossi carbon reeds, 84 main jet from Yamaha, Throttle mod, LeoVince TT, Polini Speed Contol variator (#241-301), Hoca Racing drive face, 7g adige sliders, Malossi yellow torque spring, dual headlight mod, triple brake light mod with LEDs, LED plate light, less bulbous turn signals, 12v power port, Air horn, RAM GPS mount, 15W fork oil, Shinko SR 426 4 ply Dual Sport tires, Ducted trans cooling with a fan up under the cowling so I can still ride through mud.

Wed May 29, 2013 8:46 am
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2002 Zuma, Duplicolor Deep Jewel Green, dual headlight mod, brake light led scanner.
Bookmarked that 70's trip for reading material when I have a few spare hours to kill.

This one is more hotel than camping oriented, but the packing, planning, insanity of it is definately worth the read.

Touring the world on 2 Symba scooters:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716979

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Wed May 29, 2013 1:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

jdubbya wrote:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716979

at 78 pages, you'll need to devote some time to get through this one. :toot:

2009 Zuma 155 - 23k miles, Corbin Seat, Pirelli GTS23/24, Triple X Highway Pegs, DCR Glove Box, Rear Carrier, Emgo Trunk, Yamaha Windshield, 12/39 Gearing, TST Variator with 10/12 rollers and thick TST shim, Koso Clutch, Phongeer Bell, Ruima Fan, LED Tail Light, C3 mirrors, Samurai X Shocks, Vertical Headlight, RC 155kit (piston, cam, cam gear, injector), 260mm disc, 8" stretch, longer cables and Leo Vince pipe
2008 Zuma 50 - Sold (3,900 miles)
Photo Gallery Springfield Scooter Club Scooter Trailer Service Manuals Yamaha/Honda Image

Wed May 29, 2013 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I made it most of the way through. Need to finish up reading that one. Pretty entertaining.

Wed May 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Nice. :)
Definitely have to set aside some time to read the ones I haven't. And re read the ones I have. ;)

Fri May 31, 2013 9:28 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2001 Prebug: TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-Restricted, Dellorto 17.5 PHVA converted to manual choke-90MJ-45pilot, At
I sent this thread to my brother, who already thought my zuma was pretty cool, and now he has started looking to purchase one...
We have always been distance ultralight hikers anyway, so packing up a scoot for a couple days on a scooter would be pretty fun.

2001 Prebug, TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-restricted, Dellorto PHVA 17.5 converted to manual choke- 88 MJ, 45 Pilot, OEM Airbox, Athena Variator, Doppler 15/50 Upgears, Erlandson Kevlar Belt, Motoforce 107mm Clutch & OEM Bell, Malossi White Contra Spring, Malossi Torque Controller, Leo Vince "stiff" clutch springs, Custom Vented CVT, F1 CF Mirrors, CF Fan Cover, CF Airbox Cover, BWS Tail Light, Trimmed Rear Rack, STR8 Front Turn Signals, 5v USB Power Supply, Custom Donut Graphics by jdubbya, Cool Azz Underglow

Fri May 31, 2013 9:39 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Yeah it's almost like backpacking. But with an engine. :)

Fri May 31, 2013 3:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]