View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Rally in the Gorge 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post Rally in the Gorge
Getting packed up for my camping trip at the Northwest maxi scoot rally. I'll be representing ZF on the 06 Yamaha Majesty. Blasphemy, I know, but this thing will do 80 fully loaded on the freeway.

Anyhoo... getting my gear packed up, figuring out what I'll need and what I can live without. Here is my current gear list for a 4 day trip:

toothbrush
toothpaste
shampoo, conditioner, soap
brush
micro fiber mini camp towel
2nd micro fiber towel for visor, dishes, etc..
hand sanitizer
razor
sun screen
allergy pills, tylenol, etc
multi tool
ipad, go pro, olympus pen camera
chargers
flash light
bungee cords
camp stove, fuel, lighter
msr camping pot, and spork
coffee
tent
air mattress and pump
inflatable pillow
sleeping bag
whatever food I can fit after thats all loaded

Ivan just thinks he gets to go, he is going to be sorely disappointed.

Attachments:
P1012161.JPG
P1012161.JPG [ 2.45 MiB | Viewed 3161 times ]
P1012157.JPG
P1012157.JPG [ 2.43 MiB | Viewed 3161 times ]

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?
Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Rally in the Gorge
Enjoy yourself ... what are you going to have for temperatures there ??

I noticed that you were leaving all your clothes and shoes (and food) behind !!

Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:58 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Clothes, I'm not going to go nuts, probably shorts with a pair of Carhartts over top, tank and shirt over that. Layers are best, and whatever you can wear on your person, is more room under the seat.

Wife will most likely have to sit this trip out, since she starts a new job tomorrow. Looks really bad to want a week off your first week. I get to pack like a man, and leave all the girly items at home, so that should take off about 50lbs from my gear list.

I'm going to see how all this stuff sits in/on the scooter tomorrow and go from there. I bought a bunch of heat and eat type stuff. I'll cram it into whatever space is left.

The duffel back is getting strapped and bungeed over the passenger backrest, so It will become my backrest. I can fit the sleeping bag, tent and all the toiletry items in there. I'm actually thinking that I'll have a bit of room since its just me going.

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

You're right.
Your rain.gear will probably be warm enough for you at night time if the temperature goes low.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:28 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Temps are supposed to be in the low 80's, around 60 at night. I got a brand new mummy bag which had pretty good reviews.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Playing Tetris with my underseat storage area. Trying to get everything I actually need close at hand, and things I wont need until the Rally tucked in back.

I'll probably stay in Portland tomorrow night, hit the Lloyd center mall for a bit then get up early and head to Stevenson on Wednesday. Got the Ipad linked up to the Bluetooth helmet and a mix of Third Eye Blind, Fallout Boy, and some assorted country lists put on the Ipad. There is room for a bit of food, but I think I may get sick of Ramen pretty quick.

Attachments:
P1012169.JPG
P1012169.JPG [ 2.29 MiB | Viewed 3134 times ]
P1012166.JPG
P1012166.JPG [ 2.47 MiB | Viewed 3134 times ]

Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

More pics:

Bag will get zip tied to the seat back frame for extra support. One thing you learn about long distance motorcycle travel.... zip ties and fingernail clippers are awesome!!
(to cut the zip ties off)

Attachments:
P1012164.JPG
P1012164.JPG [ 2.55 MiB | Viewed 3130 times ]
P1012168.JPG
P1012168.JPG [ 2.84 MiB | Viewed 3132 times ]

Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Haha! You sure you don't have room for Ivan? He looks ready to go!

08 YW50X, T-Mod,* Top Performances 70cc Trophy kit, 05 needle one notch richer, Pirelli sl26, 84 main, 46 pilot, Malossi .30 reeds, Yellow Malossi torque spring with torsion controller, Dr Pulley sliders, Leo Vince ZXR

Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:07 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

He's cool with it up until about 40 mph, then it gets a little windy.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Gettng camp set up at Casta-de Dubbya.

Interesting passin cars on I-5 on a scooter.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:24 am
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

they are going slow enough to get passed now?

we used to make trips to portland from tacoma doing 100 or more most of the way

get loaded up with everclear (to drink later) to take back. :D

2009 Zuma 155 - 23k miles, Corbin Seat, Pirelli GTS23/24, Triple X Highway Pegs, DCR Glove Box, Rear Carrier, Emgo Trunk, Yamaha Windshield, 12/39 Gearing, TST Variator with 10/12 rollers and thick TST shim, Koso Clutch, Phongeer Bell, Ruima Fan, LED Tail Light, C3 mirrors, Samurai X Shocks, Vertical Headlight, RC 155kit (piston, cam, cam gear, injector), 260mm disc, 8" stretch, longer cables and Leo Vince pipe
2008 Zuma 50 - Sold (3,900 miles)
Photo Gallery Springfield Scooter Club Scooter Trailer Service Manuals Yamaha/Honda Image

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

I really envy you with your little tent.

We used to have an annual state park pass when we lived in Colorado.
We'd pack up the kids and the dog and go at least twice a month when the weather (cold) permitted.

Sometimes it was just a one niter. We'd be in the park for Friday night before dinner, cook breakfast and go home.

Where are you fellow campers ?? ??

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:15 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Just me, but i found a few other scooterists from the oregon scooter club. We did the Hood River explorer ride today. All the rides are kind of at your own pace and in small groups. So far only a few scooters here. It is a dual sport, sport bike, maxi scoot and possibly cruiser rally. More sport bikes and dual sports than i was expecting, but cool to see all the different rides.

There is a burgman 400, t-maxx 500 and some strange twist and go honda touring bike.

I think more people are coming for the weekend. Its early yet.

Ill let you know my opinion on my 15 dollar dollar tent after i sleep in it. Still too early to tell. It does pack small though.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Silver Member
Silver Member

jdubbya wrote:
Gettng camp set up at Casta-de Dubbya.

Looking good, jdubb. Traveling by two wheels is great, isn't it?

Here I am, camping at Area 51
(actually, it was somewhere in Nova Scotia, but don't tell anyone...)

Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:43 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Actually ... it's NOT that small ... you've got plenty of room.
Do you have any trees there at the camp.site ??Image

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next