View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 S'camping in the foothills NW Washington 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2002 Zuma, Duplicolor Deep Jewel Green, dual headlight mod, brake light led scanner.
Post S'camping in the foothills NW Washington
Took a good friend and coworker out on a scooter camping expedition this weekend a couple miles on pavement, bout 3 miles on gravel forest service roads.

He took my C3, i took the Zuma 125. We finished work on saturday, locked dookie up and packed up the scoots. I stopped at the store, got some chicken, hotdogs, beer and ice, just dumped it all in the underseat, turning it into a makeshift cooler. Note: i was expecting more insulating properties of the Zuma, but with the engine heat rising up into that area, and the 85+ degree weather we had been having, the ice melted that night. We were only going for the night, but something to keep in mind if you ever plan such and expedition.

Attachments:
photo 4.JPG
photo 4.JPG [ 2.71 MiB | Viewed 3596 times ]
photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG [ 1.91 MiB | Viewed 3596 times ]
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG [ 1.85 MiB | Viewed 3596 times ]
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG [ 2.4 MiB | Viewed 3596 times ]

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?
Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2002 Zuma, Duplicolor Deep Jewel Green, dual headlight mod, brake light led scanner.
Post Re: S'camping in the foothills NW Washington
Pictures are in no particular order.

So, we take our time on the gravel, some steep ups and downs that you really don't want to pick up any more speed than you can handle.

We made it to the rock quarry around 7, cleared rocks to make a campsite, got a fire going on this beautiful firepit than somebody before us had made, right against a rock face. It radiated heat for hours after sundown.

Cooked some chicken in tinfoil, roasted hotdogs, drank ALOT of beer, and passed out in a 4x4 cubscout walmart tent. (hey, it survived a scooter camping trip to sturgis over a week.) It packs small and light. Hasnt failed me yet, other than needing some motor oil to fix some corroded zippers.

Attachments:
photo 5.JPG
photo 5.JPG [ 2.36 MiB | Viewed 3594 times ]
photo 4.JPG
photo 4.JPG [ 2.42 MiB | Viewed 3594 times ]
photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG [ 2.98 MiB | Viewed 3594 times ]
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG [ 1.7 MiB | Viewed 3594 times ]
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG [ 2.15 MiB | Viewed 3594 times ]

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'd sure hate to wake in the middle of the night, walk out to go to the bathroom and meet my demise :doh:

Malossi MHR Big Bore 77 LC, Malossi RHQ crank, Roost 86 pipe, 28mm Keihin PWK Carb, Stage6 reverse intake manifold, Custom Subframe, Stage6 Vforce3 reed valve, Polini open air Filter, Malossi 2010 Over Range, Polini 2G clutch, Dr Pulley clutch bell, Malossi yellow contra. Aerox wheels. ProTaper bars. Buzzeti side stand. Many more upgrades to come...

2008 Zuma 50
2012 Zuma 50 (sold)
2006 Metropolitan selling/parting out!
2003 Derbi Red Bullet

Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:24 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

We thought about this, i put the door facing away from the 25 foot sheer rock cliff.

And did I mention the wild animals, we kept hearing a bellowing grunt about 20-30 feet away from our campsite. Our minds were wandering about what it was, and i think Connan slept, but i was pretty much awake tossing and turning in my tent.

Turns out it was Bucks grunting. Big ones by the sound of it

Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

We got pretty drunk and i kept dropping beers and springing a pinhole leak in them, we had to shotgun like 3 beer because of this in rapid succession.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Everyone made it out alive and it sounds like you had a great time. I'm certainly jealous.

Malossi MHR Big Bore 77 LC, Malossi RHQ crank, Roost 86 pipe, 28mm Keihin PWK Carb, Stage6 reverse intake manifold, Custom Subframe, Stage6 Vforce3 reed valve, Polini open air Filter, Malossi 2010 Over Range, Polini 2G clutch, Dr Pulley clutch bell, Malossi yellow contra. Aerox wheels. ProTaper bars. Buzzeti side stand. Many more upgrades to come...

2008 Zuma 50
2012 Zuma 50 (sold)
2006 Metropolitan selling/parting out!
2003 Derbi Red Bullet

Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:31 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

More pics on the way. we packed up camp pretty early, home at like 7:30 am. I certainly had alot of fun, would take this over paying 20 bucks to camp in a state park, with screaming kids 10 away.

We had a blast.

Attachments:
photo 5.JPG
photo 5.JPG [ 2.44 MiB | Viewed 3586 times ]
photo 4.JPG
photo 4.JPG [ 4.11 MiB | Viewed 3586 times ]
photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG [ 2.14 MiB | Viewed 3586 times ]
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG [ 4.2 MiB | Viewed 3586 times ]
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG [ 3.48 MiB | Viewed 3586 times ]

Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]