View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 My new Project: Serenity 2? 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post My new Project: Serenity 2?
I picked up a decent 1982 Yamaha Seca 750. I had to change to more comfortable bars, and replace the crumbling fuse block. There are a few more things to do before she's road worthy: Rebuild brake MC and Calipers, braided lines, new pads/shoes all around, new tires, check valve clearances and re-shim as needed, replace the slash cut pipes with actual mufflers (ear-bleeding loud at 7k), repair the gauge needles (broken off), convert to a spin-on oil filter, and eventually paint it something other than the current orange.
Attachment:
82 Seca 750.jpg
82 Seca 750.jpg [ 68.91 KiB | Viewed 4035 times ]

It's cool what $800 can buy if you look hard enough. I should be in it for less than $1500 once the mechanicals are taken care of.

Serenity: 155 cc kit w/ WPC treatment on piston, High lift cam, 140 cc/min injector, KOSO Delta clutch, 1000 RPM contra spring, TST variator with 10g/12g rollers, Two Brothers Exhaust w/ P-3 powertip, rear LED signals, Yamaha rear rack, Heads-up battery display, Power Mate, Scratch built footpegs and front rack, Yamaha Majesty gears, Yamaha BWS 125 short windscreen.
http://www.zumaforums.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14734

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:23 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: My new Project: Serenity 2?
right where I live is a speedo repair place I never knew about if you cant find a way to fix yours
I got one of mine in there now being repaired

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:53 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks Mine. I would like to sent the gauges in to be repaired, but the bike won't run without the gauges and computer (which share the housing) unless I do some electrical surgery, and I don't have enough in my budget to send them out anyway.
I have epoxied needles back on before, so I'll do that for now. If I could find a retail source for new needles that would be better, but I've had no luck so far.

I'm thinking hard about rewiring the bike so I can use different gauges, but I'd lose some of the functions of the stock dash (the fuel sending unit has an oddball resistance value and won't work correctly with any other fuel gauge).

Serenity: 155 cc kit w/ WPC treatment on piston, High lift cam, 140 cc/min injector, KOSO Delta clutch, 1000 RPM contra spring, TST variator with 10g/12g rollers, Two Brothers Exhaust w/ P-3 powertip, rear LED signals, Yamaha rear rack, Heads-up battery display, Power Mate, Scratch built footpegs and front rack, Yamaha Majesty gears, Yamaha BWS 125 short windscreen.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:52 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

I figure I might as well update. I've caught up on all the neglected maintenance items. I've put about 3k miles on the Seca (yep, no name for this one yet). Added a top box, and am getting ready go go an a weeklong trip to visit some friends........as soon as I stop being sick :(
I have not a single complaint, except for the slight top-heaviness, which is very noticeable at the end of a long day.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:58 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

At the end of a long day/ride ... I don't like the riding position ... my poor neck.

It's just more head forward than I like ??

Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:45 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

BioMedHMC wrote:
At the end of a long day/ride ... I don't like the riding position ... my poor neck.

It's just more head forward than I like ??

????

http://cycle-ergo.com
Attachment:
Seca 750 Ergos.png
Seca 750 Ergos.png [ 174.16 KiB | Viewed 3617 times ]

You would prefer a recliner?

Last edited by K-Moe on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:42 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guess I made a mistake about the riding position ??

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:18 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

You may have been thinking of the Seca 900, which does have a "sportier" riding position. One of the reasons that I prefer older sports bikes is the thought that went into designing for rider comfort. The only exception in the case of the Seca 750 is the angle (of the bars) that was used to achieve enough pullback. Most people's wrists are bent outward when holding the grips properly, which is why I changed to a different set of bars.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:45 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well it has been quit a while hasn't it?

Aftr a full recomissioning, I've been riding the Seca (name didnt' stick) for a few years now, including several weeklong trips.

How she looks now (mostly):

I do miss my Zuma, and plan on getting another to build up to my liking once I finish grad-school (grad school at 45....insanity).

Keep on rollin fellas.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]