View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Yamaha Aerox 4 Stroke in the U.S.A.? 
Newb
Newb

Post Yamaha Aerox 4 Stroke in the U.S.A.?
So I noticed that the Yamaha Aerox is now offered in 4T:

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/ ... rox-r.aspx

I am happy with my 2012 Zuma 50F, but I was wondering if Yamaha was going to import these new 4 strokes to the U.S. (They sure look pretty good).

So, I called Yamaha USA at:
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630
Sales, marketing and distribution of Motorcycles, ATVs, Snowmobiles and Race Kart Engines.
Customer Relations
(800) 962-7926

They said that these types of announcements are kept quiet until they are actually released and that I should "get all my friends" to write to the "Legal Department" at the address above to push the release of the Yamaha Aerox 4T to the U.S. With emissions seemingly out of the way by using a clean burning 4T, seems that as long as Yamaha USA is shown enough demand, they will work on getting these into the U.S. dealerships. So, if you are interested, get to it and write a letter. (They prefer an actual letter i.e. snail mail).

Legal Department
6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630

Anyone interested in the Aerox? I'd buy one.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:41 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Yamaha Aerox 4 Stroke in the U.S.A.?
skip the aerox.

x-max 250 is what i'd go for

make: Yamaha
Model: X-Max
price: €4490
Transmission: V-Belt Automatic
Horsepower @ RPM: 11 @ 7500
Torque @ RPM: 21 @ 6000
Energy: Electronic Fuel Injection
Displacement: 249 L
Top Speed: 93 mph

edit: obviously the 249L engine is a typo :q:

above info from
http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/yamaha/2012-yamaha-x-max-250-abs-ar130653.html

2009 Zuma 155 - 23k miles, Corbin Seat, Pirelli GTS23/24, Triple X Highway Pegs, DCR Glove Box, Rear Carrier, Emgo Trunk, Yamaha Windshield, 12/39 Gearing, TST Variator with 10/12 rollers and thick TST shim, Koso Clutch, Phongeer Bell, Ruima Fan, LED Tail Light, C3 mirrors, Samurai X Shocks, Vertical Headlight, RC 155kit (piston, cam, cam gear, injector), 260mm disc, 8" stretch, longer cables and Leo Vince pipe
2008 Zuma 50 - Sold (3,900 miles)
Photo Gallery Springfield Scooter Club Scooter Trailer Service Manuals Yamaha/Honda Image

Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

2009 Zuma 155 - 23k miles, Corbin Seat, Pirelli GTS23/24, Triple X Highway Pegs, DCR Glove Box, Rear Carrier, Emgo Trunk, Yamaha Windshield, 12/39 Gearing, TST Variator with 10/12 rollers and thick TST shim, Koso Clutch, Phongeer Bell, Ruima Fan, LED Tail Light, C3 mirrors, Samurai X Shocks, Vertical Headlight, RC 155kit (piston, cam, cam gear, injector), 260mm disc, 8" stretch, longer cables and Leo Vince pipe
Photo Gallery Springfield Scooter Club Scooter Trailer Service Manuals Yamaha/Honda Image

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

I highly doubt it will come here. The reason is that the Aerox is built in Europe for Europe. The cost of importing it to the USA would be much higher than importing the Zuma from Asia. So although it has some slight suspension/brake improvements it would perform the same as the Zuma 50f{same engine}. The styling is more sporty but I doubt it could overcome the extra cost. Besides the scooter market in the USA is tiny compared to Europe{or anywhere else for that matter}.

The X-max models on the other hand would have a chance of succeeding here. Styling is taken from the T-max but with a smaller and simpler engine and thus reduced cost. There are 3 sizes over there - 125, 250 and 400.

Here is the correct link for the Aerox 4 stroke BTW
http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/products/ ... ew=explore

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:54 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

I doubt it
North America is the step child of the scooter world
There isn't enough love for small displacement bikes in the us

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:55 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

jmkjr72 wrote:
There isn't enough love for small displacement bikes in the us

that could change as gas prices go up and stay there. if they go up more.

unfortunately too many are simple minded and quickly forget/forgot about the pump prices. prices are still way too high.

i got the z50 when i refused to pay over $4 for gas just to get to the office in 2008. don't need a truck for a desk job that's only 7 miles away.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

DerHahn wrote:
skip the aerox.
x-max 250 is what i'd go for

Where I live you can park a 50cc anywhere on the sidewalk, where anything bigger gets you a quick ticket. Around downtown, I can't get above 45 anyway, so 50cc works out pretty good for me.

I like the Aerox styling. We just don't get anything that sporty here in the U.S. I know they have the Aerox in asia, maybe they will be producing the 4T there as well and send some over finally.

I can't imagine it would be any harder to sell than the Zuma, seeing as how they would presumably have the same 4T power plant.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:56 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

I doubt it you will see more people switching over to alternative fuels like cng
I know my company plans to open at least a 17 more cng stations this year
Hell they van they gave me is dual fuel gas and cng it gets more mag on cng and cng is just a bit more then half the cost of gas and that's before alternative fuel tax credits

Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:57 pm
Scooterologist

If you really wanted an aerox badly enough, you could always buy one from abroad and have it shipped over to you.. I had 2 Honda Dios shipped from Taiwan to Texas.. All i had to do was reassemble them, take them to an inspection site, where they ran the vin numbers in the system, and show my proof of purchase.. put insurance on it, get it inspected at an actual inspection office, then I was off to the tax and title office to get my plates.. It wasnt that difficult, but different states have different regulations..

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:59 pm
Scooterologist

attitudeataltitude wrote:
So I noticed that the Yamaha Aerox is now offered in 4T:

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/ ... rox-r.aspx

I am happy with my 2012 Zuma 50F, but I was wondering if Yamaha was going to import these new 4 strokes to the U.S. (They sure look pretty good).

So, I called Yamaha USA at:
6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630
Sales, marketing and distribution of Motorcycles, ATVs, Snowmobiles and Race Kart Engines.
Customer Relations
(800) 962-7926

They said that these types of announcements are kept quiet until they are actually released and that I should "get all my friends" to write to the "Legal Department" at the address above to push the release of the Yamaha Aerox 4T to the U.S. With emissions seemingly out of the way by using a clean burning 4T, seems that as long as Yamaha USA is shown enough demand, they will work on getting these into the U.S. dealerships. So, if you are interested, get to it and write a letter. (They prefer an actual letter i.e. snail mail).

Legal Department
6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630

Anyone interested in the Aerox? I'd buy one.

it says in teh specs page, that its a 2 stroke. http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/ ... quality=75

Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Skaap wrote:
it says in teh specs page, that its a 2 stroke. http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/ ... quality=75

He gave the wrong link.

Here is the correct link

Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:09 pm
Scooterologist

speedandstyle wrote:
Skaap wrote:

He gave the wrong link.

Here is the correct link

to kind Sir, To Kind!

:q:

Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

speedandstyle wrote:
I highly doubt it will come here. The reason is that the Aerox is built in Europe for Europe. The cost of importing it to the USA would be much higher than importing the Zuma from Asia taxi aéroport. So although it has some slight suspension/brake improvements it would perform the same as the Zuma 50f{same engine}. The styling is more sporty but I doubt it could overcome the extra cost. Besides the scooter market in the USA is tiny compared to Europe{or anywhere else for that matter}.

The X-max models on the other hand would have a chance of succeeding here. Styling is taken from the T-max but with a smaller and simpler engine and thus reduced cost. There are 3 sizes over there - 125, 250 and 400.

Here is the correct link for the Aerox 4 stroke BTW

You are quite right, but the market in the states is rather lucrative compared to the one in Europe I find.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]