View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Where is the love for the motorized bicycle 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
Post Re: Where is the love for the motorized bicycle

Yeah ... I'm just not getting it ... wii technology ?? !!

Is it adjustable for sensitivity ??

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:36 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
wii uses 3 axis gyros to sense movement
so im guessing this has that also, maybe they just say wii for the people to understand what it does

no adjustment I can see

since I sort of legally need a brake light I figured this was a cheap option
at least most of the time at a stop a red light comes on

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

I like the tech of this ... if it's working for ya.
I'm just thinking that to be safe ... you need more ON TIME for the light, that's all.

And maybe BIGGER ... you're already a SMALL TARGET !! !! Give those SoCal drivers something bigger to AIM FOR, you know what I'm saying, right !!
ZUMIKE wrote:
wii uses 3 axis gyros to sense movement
so i'm guessing this has that also, maybe they just say wii for the people to understand what it does.

no adjustment I can see

since I sort of legally need a brake light I figured this was a cheap option
at least most of the time at a stop a red light comes on

You guys ever get that license plate frame thing worked out at the dealership ??
Guess not, huh.
Attachment:
MikePlateFrame.jpg
MikePlateFrame.jpg [ 4.98 KiB | Viewed 4390 times ]

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:50 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

actually yes they gave me back the saturn frames from another car, after a few harsh e mails I stormed down there in person, the manager suddenly could not be found
and to go along with there story they only take them off because they were old or breaking was a total lie
these covers were mint
so they were just stealing them off cars and putting there advertising on them with no approval

on my little brake light I can also have it flash or solid half power red
then come on at a stop
So I do have more options just left it off on the video so I can really see when it comes on and off

Forgot to show some bling I added to the engine by sanding away some paint

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Had a fun day saturday, spent all day riding the bike with 2 others
then all night on a project that turned out to be a nightmare.

Video

I got a centrifcual clutch like we use on the zumas
it bolts up to the crankshaft then it will spin my clutch, spinning the sprocket. So once I start it the clutch can be left engaged and I dont have to mess with it at a stop

Its really a nice and small unit, of course no instructions, missing parts its what you expect. Even had to make gaskets for it so it wouldnt rub in its cover

Only downside depending on how low your engine is, it may interfere with the right side pedal
Mine did but I planned ahead and also ordered wider cranks from boygofast
only because he is in my state and I get the parts in 2 days

Well got the clutch installed and took off my crank, regreased the bearings and all that. Installed the new crank and found out its exactly the same size as stock.
Sent in message to e bay, still waiting for a reply.

After checking on the site I got whats pictured, but it does say wider crank.
I decided to try to bend my stock crank with my torch, its something many do even on the bike. I used my vise and a large pipe. I didnt get it wide enough and bent the center part at the same time. Just didnt have enough heat. So it actually wouldnt spin true even if I had bent it properly. Honestly I didnt plan the bend to well.

So I said F it and bent the new crank with a torch as it was lighter material should heat up better.
I was successful and was able to start it and test drive it.
So its midnight now and I decided to take out the crank and paint it black. Let the paint dry over night. Installed in the morning went to pedal to start it and the pin breaks off. It keeps the pedal sprocket in place.
I look at it and its only soldered on. Not welded.

So im cursing boygofast :piss:

Went to a local bike store and of course they are all sold out. I was leaving sad when the guy had a used one he gave me for free. Much thicker but it looks to be cast the pin is part of the mold.
Used 2 torches at once and got it bent. Actually turned out pretty nice. I will paint once I get some I ran out on the other one.

Part he sent me, now wider at all
Same part I bent to fit

New crank I bent up

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

So I was determined to get this new carb of mine working
As I hate carbs so much at least on these bike its super easy to work on, the only plus

I got it a week ago I think and it did not run well about 4 mph slower then the stock carb, the idle was all over the place. Almost like a air leak. Im thinking there was one where it mounted to the intake but I cant see how, it was on super tight and it even has a rubber ring for a seal.

Everyone online said you need to upjet. Even though I knew that was wrong I had 2 options. Buy jets at $5 plus shipping or drill mine out. I knew it was too rich and buying 3 upjets and a couple down jets would end up being the same price as the carb in the end.
I chose to drill them out. Seems everyone does it. I have a small kit of micro drills that fit the range I needed. Its quite simple to drill or fill jet with solder if you go to large.

So I went ahead and first saw what the stock jet was. Its a 72
I soldered in the hole and drilled it with a smaller drill one size smaller. I think ended up a 70 jet or 68 cant remember.
Mounted it and guess what it ran good, idled good. In the end I had to go a couple sizes smaller now around 64 jet.

Then I had to get rid of a 3/4 slight bog. That was the needle I went one notch leaner and fixed that.
I did try all needle settings to see what it did just to make sure, along with other jets while they were drilled out. Im very thorough. Of course that also turns into hours at 10pm at night racing down the street to get gps top speeds.

Then I setup the idle air screw, got that set easily.
I ended up getting way smoother acceleration especially since im using a centrifical clutch. Stock carb it was very choppy taking off. More like it was slower to accelerate so the clutch shoes would chatter going in and out of gripping
This new carb all the chop is gone its very smooth. I think it either responds faster or just provides more power.
I also gained 2-3 mph top speed but im not too interested in that, as long as I dont loose top speed im fine.
I have not had a chance to really ride it hard yet with the new carb, but right now my plug is looking a tad rich, but I did jet it that way. Later I can drill it out one size if that becomes an issue later.

Its called a cns carb, comes as you see it but I added the red hoses. It came with none, no instructions on what they do if any need to be capped

I know one is a vent for the bowl, bottom one is a overflow line/drain
the other 2 I have no idea

It doesnt have a choke but an enricher that is cable operated on a lever on my bars
It idles horribly when cold and I have to either sit there and keep it from dieing or turn up the idle
then when its warm turn the idle down. From what I was told this is normal for this carb
Once warm I can get it to idle so low it just about dies, like a harley
but since it takes more effort to start I keep it up a little higher

They make an offset intake that swings the carb outside the bike frame, I could not easily bolt it to the engine and the carb still hit my frame
Luckily I was able to mod the filter enough by cutting back the rubber clamp enough and that the filter can bend some as you can see the filter is wedged

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

The jet bike. Doc... I knew you would want one.

2009 Zuma 164 cc - Ported head, 28mm TB, oil cooler ( Race concepts: http://www.facebook.com/RCscooters?fref=ts ) , (Average 70 mpg * est) Top speed ( 70 speedo tucked in any weather.) , Mutt Muffler and tst variator, PG clutch, rrgs 1000 rpm spring, png bell. Daytona belt. 12/39 gears 10/12 rollers.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:10 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:06 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

been about 5 months or so since I rode my bike
dug it out of storage and started right up, same old fuel too

the last time I attempted to ride it about 7 miles one engine mount stud broke and at the same time cracked the intake tube
Luckily the piece of velcro I had under the seat allowed me to hold the carb on good enough to ride to a friends house and get towed home

Bought a steel intake tube as the one that broke was cast aluminum
and I purchased upgraded studs that are supposed to be stronger
but wont know how it works unless I do those crazy long rides on it

some new changes that have been done a while ago
heated and bent exhaust pipe to run closer to the frame and added header wrap, larger fuel tank, KIP engine chain tensioner, pedal side chain tensioner
got new knobby type tires, bmx type bars along with a taller stem, pirate cycle clamp on rear sprocket, with 10?tooth larger then stock rear sprocket to help with acceleration and hill climbing
I barely have to pedal to take off from a stop now. Well I dont have to but with the centrifical clutch not engaging smoothly its better to be rolling a little to get a smooth startoff
I think one pad engages earlier then the other

real comfortable going straight little weird if im leaning into turns sitting up so straight

pics from today farting around

quick video

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:59 am
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

we've had a china powered gas bike with chain drive for a while.. it'll get to 20-25mph comfortably but after that the vibration really picks up.

If i were going to motorize a bicycle that i actually intended to use, it would be a kit from Golden Eagle Bike Engines (GEBE). Their kits mount a smaller engine over the rear wheel, and have a huge sprocket/pulley that mounts to the spokes, with a kevlar belt driving it. Also has a centrifugal clutch and pull start, so you pull start the engine then get on and ride rather than having to try to PEDAL start the engine. Another great thing about GEBE, it's real easy to take the belt off for strictly pedaling and not have the extra drag of the engine's chain/belt and clutch mechanisim. Should also be able to pedal without taking the belt off, but for extended pedaling i'd definitely undo the belt since it's pretty easy to undo and put back. Plus they go about as fast as these china engines tend to, with aLOT less cc's. Not to mention they use reputable engines on their kits (honda, tanaka.. i forget which others if any others currently available)

GEBE is definitely the way i'd go if i were looking to get a motorized bicycle. Of course they're not $180 cheap but they say you get what you pay for, and that definitely applies in this area just like it applies to scoots

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:35 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

You are correct :: not cheap at all !!

Quote:
PF-3300 32cc Tanaka PureFire 2-Stroke
Complete Engine & Mount Kit
$609.00 plus $20.00 s&h = $629.00

Featuring excellent power-to-weight, all Tanaka engines are built with the highest quality engine components for long life and quick and easy starting. •32 cc PureFire two-stroke engine - 50:1 fuel mix
•Compact, Lightweight & Powerful
•A Green Machine – CARB Tier II, Phase II Compliant
Top speed of 30+ MPH - 25-30 miles per tank - 160-180 MPG

Plus your link to their website :: http://www.bikeengines.com/index.htm

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:58 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

a lot of people down in phoenix use the old weed whacker engine to power bikes getting around the valley

2009 Zuma 155 - 23k miles, Corbin Seat, Pirelli GTS23/24, Triple X Highway Pegs, DCR Glove Box, Rear Carrier, Emgo Trunk, Yamaha Windshield, 12/39 Gearing, TST Variator with 10/12 rollers and thick TST shim, Koso Clutch, Phongeer Bell, Ruima Fan, LED Tail Light, C3 mirrors, Samurai X Shocks, Vertical Headlight, RC 155kit (piston, cam, cam gear, injector), 260mm disc, 8" stretch, longer cables and Leo Vince pipe
2008 Zuma 50 - Sold (3,900 miles)
Photo Gallery Springfield Scooter Club Scooter Trailer Service Manuals Yamaha/Honda Image

Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

I like that !!

Looks fun !!

NO BRAKES !!

As it turns out ... I was thinking of using my weedwacker as a Go.Devil !!

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:37 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2001 Prebug: TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-Restricted, Dellorto 17.5 PHVA converted to manual choke-90MJ-45pilot, At
these bikes are very popular in the city. I would like to build one some day, but the bike frame I have to use is double suspension and aluminum... :(

2001 Prebug, TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-restricted, Dellorto PHVA 17.5 converted to manual choke- 88 MJ, 45 Pilot, OEM Airbox, Athena Variator, Doppler 15/50 Upgears, Erlandson Kevlar Belt, Motoforce 107mm Clutch & OEM Bell, Malossi White Contra Spring, Malossi Torque Controller, Leo Vince "stiff" clutch springs, Custom Vented CVT, F1 CF Mirrors, CF Fan Cover, CF Airbox Cover, BWS Tail Light, Trimmed Rear Rack, STR8 Front Turn Signals, 5v USB Power Supply, Custom Donut Graphics by jdubbya, Cool Azz Underglow

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:54 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

motorized bike is too dangerous for any realy daily type of use unless everywhere you have real bicycle lanes and paths you can go everywhere on
too small, to slow, no real brake lights or signals although you could install some
then have to figure the power source and wiring

I feel so much safer on a small scooter, even with smaller engine

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9