View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Bogging out 
Newb
Newb

Post Bogging out
Hey guys, this is my first post. Im an avid reader of this forum and many others just never had a reason to register.

Well heres my problem, i was having problems where i could ride for about 8 miles at WOT and the scooter would just shut off going down the road. Back wheel didnt lock up or anything like i believe a sieze does it just shut off and rolled. I would have to wait about 5 minutes for it to restart and then if i went WOT after that 5 minutes it would only make it about 2 miles and do the same as before. If i rode at 1/2-3/4 throttle i could ride trouble free (most i ever went is 20 miles though).

Well i thought that the carb wasnt getting fuel fast enough to keep up with WOT, so i took carb apart to clean it and check float. After putting it back together now it will hesitate alot if i pull throttle to fast, then bog out and die eventually no matter how little throttle or how i finess it. After this happens it will bog out with the slightest of throttle. Oddly when i take carb off for a bit and put it back on (during troubleshooting) it will restart the process. It will let me give it throttle slowly and it will go just fine, but eventually bog. Throttle fast, again hesitation a couple of times then takes off.

This is a 2 stroke, with 3500 miles.
Ive cleaned carb, airbox etc.. doesnt leak gas out of bowl or anything like that.
petcock is working fine, pumping lots of fuel.

Carb only has a silver screw under the nipple the oil line goes in. Think thats the idle because there is no other idle adjustment screw. No A/F screw that i can see on airbox side or intake.

Any ideas guys?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:24 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Post Re: Bogging out
What year
What mods
All carbs should have two screws the 08~11 are hiden
If its the 08~11 us it the carb installed on the recall

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:21 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Post Re: Bogging out
Based on your thread over on 49cc scoot
Im moving your thread to the other scooters section as this is not about a zuma

Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]