View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Bought a new Crusier- 94 Yamaha Virago 750 
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2001 Prebug: TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-Restricted, Dellorto 17.5 PHVA converted to manual choke-90MJ-45pilot, At
Post Bought a new Crusier- 94 Yamaha Virago 750
I bought my first "big bike". Call it a 36th birthday present to myself.
It's got a few miles on it, 41k, but it was priced at $1000, and was inspected. It is in really great shape for its mileage and age.
I only have about 20 miles on it so far, tooling around in the city today. I bought it because my scooter is just not feasible for my commute. A z125 could have been, but I would have wanted a crusier anyway, and I don't have room to keep three bikes.
For now, I am not selling my Prebug. I am going to keep it and see how the two fit out front (big city living has it's drawbacks).
I will entertain offers if anyone local happened to be interested in it, but I don't even think I will advertise it for sale. I am trying to get my girlfriend on it. (she doesn't drive anything though). She could make good use out of it for her 3 mile work commute across the city.

Attachments:
94Virago750.jpg
94Virago750.jpg [ 70.51 KiB | Viewed 2014 times ]

2001 Prebug, TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-restricted, Dellorto PHVA 17.5 converted to manual choke- 88 MJ, 45 Pilot, OEM Airbox, Athena Variator, Doppler 15/50 Upgears, Erlandson Kevlar Belt, Motoforce 107mm Clutch & OEM Bell, Malossi White Contra Spring, Malossi Torque Controller, Leo Vince "stiff" clutch springs, Custom Vented CVT, F1 CF Mirrors, CF Fan Cover, CF Airbox Cover, BWS Tail Light, Trimmed Rear Rack, STR8 Front Turn Signals, 5v USB Power Supply, Custom Donut Graphics by jdubbya, Cool Azz Underglow
Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:48 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
Post Re: Bought a new Crusier- 94 Yamaha Virago 750
That's a really good deal ... $$ 1,000 $$

I'd give you TWICE that.

Did it come with a clear title ... REALLY NICE LOOKIN'

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:18 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2001 Prebug: TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-Restricted, Dellorto 17.5 PHVA converted to manual choke-90MJ-45pilot, At
Yup, Clear title. I bought it from a shop that had too many bikes. They put a fresh inspection on it too. I really couldn't say no. The miles are more than I would have preferred but it is in great condition, minus a few spots where the chrome has popped on the clutch cover, and a little light rust on the chromed handlebars. The seat is beat. Its torn and I put some gorilla tape on it for now. I will need to re-cover it asap.
I feel very comfortable on it already, and I was quite nervous going from 50 > 750...

2001 Prebug, TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-restricted, Dellorto PHVA 17.5 converted to manual choke- 88 MJ, 45 Pilot, OEM Airbox, Athena Variator, Doppler 15/50 Upgears, Erlandson Kevlar Belt, Motoforce 107mm Clutch & OEM Bell, Malossi White Contra Spring, Malossi Torque Controller, Leo Vince "stiff" clutch springs, Custom Vented CVT, F1 CF Mirrors, CF Fan Cover, CF Airbox Cover, BWS Tail Light, Trimmed Rear Rack, STR8 Front Turn Signals, 5v USB Power Supply, Custom Donut Graphics by jdubbya, Cool Azz Underglow

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:38 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
Still ... you just got a wonderful bike at a stupid price ... you'll be very happy with that.
My wife's first bike was a Virago.

And you won't have to play with a variator or a belt ... DIRECT DRIVE.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:57 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

The shaft drive was a major plus for me. I don't want to mess with chains and all that yet. I only wish I was home this weekend to drive it, Instead I had to drive to CT for a family party.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]