View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 2014 Suzuki Burgman 200 ABS 
Scooterologist

Post Re: 2014 Suzuki Burgman 200 ABS
I too would like something with a bit more pep. As much as I like the Burgman 400 its just so huge. Kymco makes some nice mid-sized scoots but they are always changing their models around and local support is not that great. Honda has the Forza witch is nice but something just doesnt click with me. Genuine has the Blur, but I would like to have liquid cooling if possible. SYM, not after the Carter Bros. incident. SYM still has lousy support. So this new mini-Burgman looks very tempting to me. Hope my local dealer gets one in so I can look/pick it over. Now if you go used, find a Helix. Yes, ugly and long, but it carries its weight well and is pratically bulletproof. I've owned 2 of them. Also, if you have local support, a Kymco Grand Vista. Fun to ride, compact and kinda ugly. Ugly makes is less theft prone, though you should never leave any scoot unlocked.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:53 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

jesquivel wrote:
My Yamaha Morphous 250cc weighs a bit over 400lbs with fuel and fluids....it also goes 80+mph and gets mid 50'smpg....in my case I wish they'd made it with the Majesty 400cc engine.....stock u can buy em for about $2.5k...and on a side note, the Majesty 400cc engine is supposed to be a bolt on job! :cheers:

I have considered a morphous in the past, and do a cycletrader search for one, once in a while. I like the crazy looks of them. But mid 50's mpg is too low for me. I'd like to still get at least 80 mpg.

Sidenote: If they released a new version of the Nighthawk 250 (fuel injection, liquid cooling, around the same weight) I think I would get one.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:56 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

The_Head wrote:
jesquivel wrote:
My Yamaha Morphous 250cc weighs a bit over 400lbs with fuel and fluids....it also goes 80+mph and gets mid 50'smpg....in my case I wish they'd made it with the Majesty 400cc engine.....stock u can buy em for about $2.5k...and on a side note, the Majesty 400cc engine is supposed to be a bolt on job! :cheers:

I have considered a morphous in the past, and do a cycletrader search for one, once in a while. I like the crazy looks of them. But mid 50's mpg is too low for me. I'd like to still get at least 80 mpg.

Sidenote: If they released a new version of the Nighthawk 250 (fuel injection, liquid cooling, around the same weight) I think I would get one.

The best mpg I've ever had is 68....I do have an issue with the gearing tho, 9k rpm's at 70+mph....

BioMedHMC wrote:
Didn't know that ... and now that you mention it, I haven't seen any on the road lately.
Well ... @ $$ 7,000+ ... I really wasn't THAT interested.
I could'a gone for a lightly used one, though.

jdubbya wrote:
Read up on the Mp3 front suspension locking before considering it.

Trouble is, the part that controls the front suspension has issues and some dealers can't figure them out.
Lots of reports of scoots sitting at the dealer for months, repeated problems and talk of lemon laws.

I didn't know about that either.....2 guys I ride with have em and they never mentioned that....I do hate the constant beeping noise when they lock the suspension at stops....

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2