View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 my two stroke highway cruiser plan, suggestions? 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2005 bws, 70cc
Post my two stroke highway cruiser plan, suggestions?
So I started work on my 90cc jog clone again. This time the final bike is ment for highway driving so 100km/h+ stable speed and reliability. Its maiden tour will be a 8 hour drive through the rocky mountains for BC to Alberta. Should be fun :)

Just wanted some suggestions and reassurances that i'm not crazy on this build

Yes its a ruckus but heres the planned engine build
90cc minarelli long case clone 1PE50QMF
21mm stage 6 PWK racing edition carb
stage 6 v-force reed cage & carbon fiber reeds
Open air filter
mikuni df-44 Vacuum fuel pump
100cc jiang wayne expansion chamber exhaust (couldn't find any info on this pipe besides its designed for 100cc bores and was sold by jiang wayne for about 350$ or so)

So my biggest question is cooling, this is a air cooled bore however the ruckus does not have any air flow. Slightly worried I'm going to have a over heating problem, Am i crazy in that thought? Was thinking about making a bolt on engine scoop to direct the air flow onto the bore. Something i can take off for city driving.

My other question comes down to jetting, I know no one will know exact jetting, just need a jet range to start at as i don't want to buy 3 jet kits at 20$ a pop. Right now i believe it has a stock 14 tekki carb with a 92 main and unknown idle and no air filter.

My only other question comes from the fact i will need to tap the bore for the vacuum fuel pump, something i'm not comfortable doing so I will take it to a local shop. Anyone have an idea what a average cost for something like that would be? Just so i know if the guys trying to over charge me.

Comment's/Question's/Concern's/Suggestion's?

For all intensive purposes everything on this clone engine is similar or identical to the parts on a zuma
For those who may ask, its essentially a Chinese minarelli clone with this kit
http://www.gy6store.com/90cc-2-STROKE-S ... T-12mm.htm

Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]