View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 2015 Yamaha XC155 scooter receives C.A.R.B. approval 
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: 13 zuma 125 - stock
Post Re: 2015 Yamaha XC155 scooter receives C.A.R.B. approval
Nick Batzdorf wrote:
That is interesting.

What's your top speed on level ground with each bike? And is the Grom also slower taking off?

And yeah, the reason I'm not likely to buy a Grom is that it would only be a toy (not that the Zuma isn't too, but still...). My favorite thing about the Zuma is that it makes running errands fun.

I've only hit 56-57ish on the grom, I shift before redlining and crouch down a little to get that speed but i've definitely never seen 60 on it. I only have 140 miles on it so it may still be breaking in. On the Zuma 125 on the same road the best i've seen was right at 60 (stock) but from what i understand, the speedo gives you a few mph so i'd say they are roughly the same.

Zuma feels way faster off the line - not sure if that is just due to the the time it takes to shift or what. when i split lanes (in CA) on the zuma at red lights i have no problem gunning it off the line and getting in front of most cars, not so much on the grom. it's totally a fun bike/toy and gets tons of looks but if i could return it for full price, i would, since i have the zuma already

I'm 6'2 about 170.

sorry to hijack thread

EDIT: 8/14/15 i'm now over 1100 miles on the grom and it's a lot faster now after being broken in... zuma and grom are about the same speed now

Last edited by zuma125nr on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:49 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post First ride report
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ ... eview.html

The pics of the shortish rider (as the author himself confirms) affirm what I was thinking when I saw the first factory images: the stepped seat and abbreviated floorboard make for cramped ergos, which means this new scooter is a no-go for me. Oh well. The MSRP is only $300.00 higher than the non-freeway-legal Z125, too.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:11 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2008 zuma - t-mod
Post Re: 2015 Yamaha XC155 scooter receives C.A.R.B. approval
The seat could be redone by a good shop and have some height added.

Too bad Yamaha didn't announce this scoot last year I might have jumped at it.
For now I will make due with my Burgman 400 which sadly only gets 50 mpg in cold weather! :(

Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3