View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 2005 E-Ton Beamer II 
Newb
Newb

Post 2005 E-Ton Beamer II
Hello everyone! brand new to the group. I am a Honda guy with a couple of pretty nice SA50's.

I just picked up a 2005 E-Ton Beamer II. I know its not a Zuma, but the closest thing I suppose. Here is where it currently sits.

NCY 72cc Kit
NCY Chamber Pipe
Naraku Variator
Premix - No longer injected.
CDI Wire Cut

Parts are installed. Heat cycled a few times. Bike is running. I believe the stock carb had a 82 MJ. I threw a 90 in there to start. 6 gram rollers in the variator. The bike runs but has no power. Super boggy, doesn't rev up very well. Definitely not running as it should. It seems to rev up ok on the center stand, but under load it's a dog. I've always used PWK, CP style carbs and the Dellorto is new to me. I know if functions differently, but I figured I could at least get it running somewhat ok. I haven't played around with the roller weights. It did come with 5.5g rollers also. I'm not sure if the lack of power and rev could be coming from the quicker ramp plate with the heavier rollers. I'm not really sure where these bikes like to me. The contra is stock. The airbox doesn't fit well at all. I've been told that these carbs sometimes don't run well without an airbox. I stuck a Polini filter with the cover on it to restrict the air a little bit to see if that helps.

Can someone give me a starting point where this may need to be with jetting and CVT setup, or any other advice which could help me get this bike running properly.

Thanks in advance. Glad to be a member!

- Jdblya

Sat May 26, 2018 10:34 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Post Re: Hello Guys! Honda guy here looking for some Zuma help!
Assuming that you have the right jets 82 to a 90 is a huge jump
The problem is eton uses a cheap knock off carb I’ve worked on a few and they weren’t very consistent in the measurements some measure out as 17mm others as 19mm
I would go to and 85 or 86 depending upon what jet set you have

Sat May 26, 2018 4:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]