View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Cold weather gear 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post Cold weather gear
I came across a First Gear one piece touring suit on the black friday sale:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/36 ... piece-suit

For being a cheaper suit, it has like 380 5 star reviews. Hopefully the small fits. Keep wanting to change the order to a medium. I'll let you guys know how it works when I get it next week.

Lots of reviews from the rainy Seattle region, so thats a good sign. Lots of people riding in freezing temps.

What other cold weather gear are you guys using?

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Cold weather gear
i've been using the 2 piece hjc extreme gear for years now and very happy with them. unlike the 1 piece, the jacket can be used alone for days when you don't need as much leg insulation

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/37189/i/hjc-extreme-bib?WT.ac=RichAutoComplete

being that only 2 sizes are currently available on the new model, it must be selling well.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/37183/i/hjc-extreme-jacket?WT.ac=RichAutoComplete

don't we already have a thread with cold weather gear???

2009 Zuma 155 - 23k miles, Corbin Seat, Pirelli GTS23/24, Triple X Highway Pegs, DCR Glove Box, Rear Carrier, Emgo Trunk, Yamaha Windshield, 12/39 Gearing, TST Variator with 10/12 rollers and thick TST shim, Koso Clutch, Phongeer Bell, Ruima Fan, LED Tail Light, C3 mirrors, Samurai X Shocks, Vertical Headlight, RC 155kit (piston, cam, cam gear, injector), 260mm disc, 8" stretch, longer cables and Leo Vince pipe
2008 Zuma 50 - Sold (3,900 miles)
Photo Gallery Springfield Scooter Club Scooter Trailer Service Manuals Yamaha/Honda Image

Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

I bought a new First Gear jacket about 2 months ago. It is well made but has a few design flaws. The cuffs are not tapered so they bunch up making it hard to cinch and even harder to get long gloves over. The armor is top notch but the shoulder and elbow pieces mount in the sleeves with small strips of velcro{too small!}. They haven't come loose but it is easy too snag a thumb or loose shirt sleeve on them. The sleeves are also a bit on the long side. Here is a link to their webpage on it{BTW - I got the yellow for safety}
http://www.firstgear-usa.com/rush_tex.html

It doesn't get super cold here in the Southwest and even when it does it is rare and short lived. I use the layering method to keep warm. I have the jacket listed above and add a fleece pull over when needed. I have some full leather gloves and add glove liners when it gets colder. I wear thermal pants under my jeans to keep my legs warm. I also wear a fleece neck gator when the temps are at their lowest.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:40 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

I have been rocking a heavyweight leather jacket with a zip in liner, compled with a heavy hoodie up top. On my legs If I'm just cruising, I will triple layer- flannel pj pants under jeans, and a pair of Africa's full zip warm up pants on top for wind protection.

This has been proving fine for most rides around the city, but I will admit I am not riding to work right now. @ 5:30am it's in the 20's here.BRRRRRR!

2001 Prebug, TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-restricted, Dellorto PHVA 17.5 converted to manual choke- 88 MJ, 45 Pilot, OEM Airbox, Athena Variator, Doppler 15/50 Upgears, Erlandson Kevlar Belt, Motoforce 107mm Clutch & OEM Bell, Malossi White Contra Spring, Malossi Torque Controller, Leo Vince "stiff" clutch springs, Custom Vented CVT, F1 CF Mirrors, CF Fan Cover, CF Airbox Cover, BWS Tail Light, Trimmed Rear Rack, STR8 Front Turn Signals, 5v USB Power Supply, Custom Donut Graphics by jdubbya, Cool Azz Underglow

Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:17 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:22 pm
Newb
Newb

I strongly encourage the First Gear Cold Weather Riding suit!

I made a saved search on eBay, and bought two of them. One for my girlfriend, and one for myself, they pop up on eBay barely used for $90 shipped. Can not say enough good things about them.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:55 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I kept it simple; Carhartt insulated coveralls. I've used them down to single digit temps. Of course, I had to bring the Zuma inside for a while just to get it to start lol.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:01 am
Newb
Newb

I have a Tour Master Jett Series 3 Jacket. It keeps me warm during cold weather.

Thu May 25, 2017 2:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]