View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 hjc fs10 helmet 
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Post hjc fs10 helmet
well my new helmet came today

i ordered the hjc fs10 from jafrum.com

i havent goten to ride with the new helmet just yet but here are my first impressions

i am one of the few that are right between helmet sizes i ordered a medium and maybe should have gotten a large it is just a bit snug but not tight if it is like most of the other hjc hemlets i have had after a few trips wearing the helmet the padding will give just a little and it will be a perfect fit

now onto the features

it has an intergrated sunsheild (basicly flip down sunglasses built in) i hope this is a nice feature this is why i picked the fs 10

it has the latesedt generation of vents i have always found that hjc have had good ventatltion

another neat feature on this is the face shield is there accusight i have read that this is one of the better antifog face sheilds and it also has an extra button on it that helps pull the face shield down into the gasket to seal things up better

the new tool less face sheild system is great open it up all the way so that some arrows are alinged and flip a lever and the face sheild pops out

it came with breath sheild and chin guard (this is the first hjc that i didnt have to purches these as an extra

it also has the silvercool interior that is removeable and washable bet this will be nice on those hot summer days

two things i dont care for
was the huge hjc sticker on the front there new stickers suck but it was easily removed

and this is the first hjc that i have purchesd that isnt snell rated

for a helmet that retails at 250 i would expect the snell ratiang but i can live without it
and fyi as of right now jafrum has some reat helmet deals i paid just 120 bucks for the new lid and got free shipping as i spent over 100 bucks with them

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:02 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2008 Yellow BWs 50: PHVA 17.5 mm carb, YES Muffler, TP Trophy 70cc, Malossi variator & clutch, JDM tail
Post Re: hjc fs10 helmet
I haven't really researched it, but I think the Snell-less rating is because of the integrated sunshield, which prevents the helmet from passing all of the Snell tests.
I also have an HJC, but it's not a full face (the IS33). I wear glasses and a FF is a PITA. I'm thinking of getting the HJC modular (the ISmax or Symax). Also Snell-less, but better than what I've got, and still more-or-less glasses friendly (as in I don't have to take on/off my glasses to get the helmet on/off)

YELLOW 2008 BWs 50 - Zumaforums Member #2057
dual headlight mod, C3 Mirrors, TinyTach, JDM Tail light, Low Canadian OEM windshield
Top Performances Trophy 70 cc, MotoForce 17.5 mm PHVA clone 90 main jet (still tuning) with Stage6 Choke lever next to key
Malossi Variator 6 x 5.5g rollers (still tuning) Malossi Delta Clutch Red springs, (still tuning) Malossi Yellow contra spring (still tuning)
YES Muffler(Canadian, eh)
Stage6 43/13 Primary gears. 10.94 final drive ratio
COMING: STR8 oversized fan, Motoforce Evolution crank

70 cc of scootin' pleasure

Wed May 12, 2010 10:19 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2008 zuma - t-mod
Nice looking lid! I prefer the modular myself but to each his own.

I wouldn't worry about it not having the SNELL. In some ways it is not as good as the DOT or Euro certification and yes the visor is probably the reason why. However I have a drop down visor on my Caberg and I LOVE IT!!! No more squinting or having to close one eye when the sun is at a bad angle.
It is better to have a helmet that is a bit too small than one that is too big. If it wears in to fitting then great if it doesn't and liner can be removed , you could lightly sand a little bit off the styrofoam core.

Wed May 12, 2010 10:41 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
oh this is the helmet i had on during my crash so it is
scooter addict crash test aproved :q:

Wed May 12, 2010 1:43 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2008 Yellow BWs 50: PHVA 17.5 mm carb, YES Muffler, TP Trophy 70cc, Malossi variator & clutch, JDM tail
Just re-read OldGuy's post about helmet testing, and how that Snell sticker mignt not necessarily mean "safer". It's a long article but intersting.

YELLOW 2008 BWs 50 - Zumaforums Member #2057
dual headlight mod, C3 Mirrors, TinyTach, JDM Tail light, Low Canadian OEM windshield
Top Performances Trophy 70 cc, MotoForce 17.5 mm PHVA clone 90 main jet (still tuning) with Stage6 Choke lever next to key
Malossi Variator 6 x 5.5g rollers (still tuning) Malossi Delta Clutch Red springs, (still tuning) Malossi Yellow contra spring (still tuning)
YES Muffler(Canadian, eh)
Stage6 43/13 Primary gears. 10.94 final drive ratio
COMING: STR8 oversized fan, Motoforce Evolution crank

70 cc of scootin' pleasure

Wed May 12, 2010 2:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]