View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post a pic of your helmet 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: currently building.....
Post Re: Post a pic of your helmet
LMAO!!!!! That is a funny helmet PIG. Almost like kazoo from the Flinstones except yours is chromed,

You can very easily look up the helmet test ratings and know who makes the best. SHOEI and ARAI with Scorpion n ICON scoring in the ranges of 600+ dollar helmets. Sort of the sleepers in the group. I said what I said about HJC because it's true. They are not very solid. The LAST THING YOU SHOULD EVER SKIMP ON IS YOUR HELMET. You have to protect your dome (that means head for ya slo ones) ladies and gents. I've had a fractured skull (like my helmet), and I lost track of concussions. HJC is subpar in quality. A SHOEI. ARAI and SCORPION will withstand a much greater blow to the head along with superior padding and cushioning placement inside the helmet. HJC is the same as AFX. Glued together halves that get sanded and painted over to hide it as where your higher end helmets are solid construction. No seams.

Kids and Riders alike.....to Mr Bio whom inspires us all....my lowest recommendation for any helmet would and is a Scorpion helmet. 300 and change and as good as the 600+ dollar shoei and Arai's. Protect your heads. You'll be sorry when your drinking your meals out of a straw for the rest of your life. Actually no you won't, be sorry that is. You'll be retarded and have no clue bout shizzle. Keep wearing crappy head gear and this could be you.

2005 Zuma-MKII Race, MKII 21MM PHBG 40/92, C16, 12mm Crank, B9HS/LBO5EP 5K Cap, Advanced Timing, +1 Ignition Coil, Premix 32:1, Derestricted Intake, VF3's, MHR OverRange Complete, 27 grams, MHR Delta Clutch, MHR Wing Bell, Red Contra, Blue Springs, Torsion Controller, 15/50 upgears (SOON 14/42), Oversize Fan, Snork removed, Start Block Off Plate, Throttle Cable and Single Pull Tube, Dual Headlight Mod, Integrated Rear Signals, Boppers, Tach/Temp Gauge, kickstand.

I GOT MACHETES AND SWORDS FOR ALL YOU FAGGOTS THAT ROAR....Image

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:08 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
I've got a few helmets ... I mostly wear them according to the weather.

Modular is for cold weather. full is for in between. Half I wear as often as I can.

Louisiana is mandatory ... we wear ours any time that we're on two wheels.

But ...

I ALWAYS wear gloves ... long pants (no shorts) ... and REAL SHOES (like boots).

Noticed ...

I skipped right over the jacket ... that's hard for me ... gets really hot on some rides.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:02 pm
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2009 50cc Zuma
Vaporz wrote:
You should really care about protecting your head more dude. HJC's are garbage dude. 69 buck helmet. Those split like an eggshell if you smack your head hard enough.

I went ahead and took your advice, more money equals a better helmet I think is what you are saying here. So I went ahead and stared wearing my road bike helmet, I spent way more on this bad boy and it sees speeds in excess of what my scooter can go so that means I should be fine.

Or better yet I could rock the bmx helmet I personally know this model helmet is good for a 15ft drop right to the side of the head, heck I landed on my shoulder second and still managed to dislocate it but no head injury what so ever.

Both of these are probably better than that HJC full face helmet I wear.

Thu May 08, 2014 9:41 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Occasionally ... we do get into these helmet wars ... MINE IS BETTER THAN YOUR !!

MY BIKE IS FASTER !!

MY BIKE CAN CLIMB WALLS !!

... it's all good.

I live in one of those states where helmets are mandatory. If I had a choice ... I believe that I'd know ::

WHEN/WHERE a helmet is :: REQUIRED // RECOMMENDED // NOT NECESSARY !!

In the same respect ::

I believe that I could decide when to wear a full.face, full or half helmet.

Oh ... and what is appropriate to spend on the helmet that I choose $$ $$

Now ... do you want to talk about MANDATED AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE (O'BamaCare) ... Ha !! Ha !!

Thu May 08, 2014 10:09 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post New helmet smell.
Out with the Hornet (L), in with the GT-Air (R).

My Hornet was one of the very first ones sold after they arrived on our shores early in CY2008. After seven seasons of service, it was honorably retired.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:49 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks for explaining which is which

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11