View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Bilt Techno Bluetooth helmet review 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2002 Zuma, Duplicolor Deep Jewel Green, dual headlight mod, brake light led scanner.
Post Bilt Techno Bluetooth helmet review
Sooooo, before our Sturgis trip, I was wanting to pick up some modular bluetooth helmets to replace my current Blinc Zero full face bluetooth helmet. Few reasons, 3100 mile trip.... you are taking your helmet on and off 100 times a day, every time you stop, get gas, cant eat or drink easily with a full face on. Modular is just easier to get on and off, and you can just flip it up when you need to.

Well, funds were non existent after this trip was all planned out. Now, were back, caught up and I decided to pick up my dream helmet when I saw it for half off at Cycle gear today.

http://www.cyclegear.com/BILT-Techno-Bl ... o-top-link

199.99 marked down from 399.99

Love it. Read the reviews. Some of the gripes about it are true, its slightly heavy, some wind noise, but its one of the most comfortable helmets Ive owned. The sun shade is an awesome feature. My sunglasses were killing me under my old full face Blinc helmet. It was a large, and all the reviews say the sizes run way small. I got an XL. Would have got a 2XL if they had it in the store, but this one works. Speakers sound alot better than my old Blinc. I is slightly windier from being a modular vs full face, but it seems to be more padded, and have better soundproofing. I think on the Majesty with the super tall wind screen, it will be completely silent.

I think on the scooter, ill be riding with it flipped up alot behind the tall windscreen, with just the sunglass part flipped down.

All in all, not a bad helmet at 199. Don't know if id be as excited about it if i paid the 400 dollar retail, but at 199, I'm thinking about getting one for my wife. They apparently do helmet to helmet communication and pair to a phone at the same time. My old full face Blinc would only do phone pairing, no helmet to helmet.

As for the Blinc bluetooth part, it is a Blinc DWO-3 built into the helmet. Big upgrade from my first Blinc unit, but we had gotten great use out of the origional Blinc units, we did Seattle to Las Vegas, a 7 State tour, running 12 hour days. The Blincs kept our tunes going the whole time. Just gotta remember to charge it in the hotel room at night. For the casual user, I would only charge it once every couple days.

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 98 70cc elite S 05 90cc Zuma 05 50cc x50i
Post Re: Bilt Techno Bluetooth helmet review
Nice buy! And review.
I scored the fullface for Christmas last year on sale too. 159$ if I recall correctly, solid helmet for scooting around town!

Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]