View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Layed my vino down... Need help/advice! 
Newb
Newb

Post Layed my vino down... Need help/advice!
Hi,

New to the forum.. Glad I found something like this.

So anyway, a few days ago, I layed down my vino when I lost traction on some loose gravel. No injuries except for my pride. Cosmetic damage is really of no real concern to me because I can give it a sweet paint job anytime really. The big issue is this, when I lifted the bike up I immediately noticed it pulling to the right(crashed on left side). It is also obvious that the alignment is off, the handlebars are point straight but the wheel is not. I have tried to good ol'hold the wheel straight as you turn the handlebars with force to no avail even after loosing the bolt that seemingly hold the handlebars in place. I don't know if I am just not exerting enough force or what? Also I notice that there are a set of rings that are right below this bolt and there is a pin that goes through these rings but it only goes through two of the three, I was also wondering if this had anything to do with the alignment being off? I have a feeling that when I wrecked that the handle bars turn quickly to the left and I came down on them, well I know thats what happened. The brunt of the force must have been taken by the windscreen cause there is no damage to the left brake lever.

First time scooter owner, not a mechanic, please help! I don't want to pay $90/hr to yamaha to have them fix it. Thanks!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:05 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: '08 zuma 50 & '06 vino 125
Post Re: Layed my vino down... Need help/advice!
my girlfriend did this to her vino 125 also. its not real bad and it doesnt bug her so i just left it. those rings keep the bearings tight so thats not it. something might be bent. there is a little groove in the fork where that big bolt goes threw and it kinda keeps the stem from rotating. maybe if grind out that groove a bit u can tweet the bars back. hope that helps.

top performance trophy bbk, stage6 hpc crank, top performance 50/15 primary final drive gears, ncy forks, doppler rear shock, style pro handlebars, ncy handlebar mount, acewell 1500 speedo, 86 main jet, needle from an '05 carb raised 2 notches, t-mod, snorkel removed, leo vince zx-r, dual headlight, led tail light, stage6 f1 mirrors, pirelli sl26 130 tires front & back, ballistic evo2 4cell battery, jdm rear fender with intergraded turn signals, intergraded led turn signals front, replaced 75 screws and bolts with blue aluminum allen screws, str8 grips, str8 oversized fan, malossi white torque spring, torque spring bearing, stage6 levers, stage6 kick start, stage6 vforce3 reed cage, malossi mutivar, 7g variator weights, malossi drive face, stage6 r/t clutch with red springs, stage6 r/t 433 clutch bell, throttle up garage door opener, trimmed rack, vented transmission cover

Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:57 pm
Newb
Newb

She laid hers down as well? I mean it's kind of an intense pull.. I mean I have yet to ride it sense I laid it down but when sitting on it and rolling forward it turns aggressively. I will have to check into it further.

Thank you for your response!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:23 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: '08 zuma 50 & '06 vino 125
yeah she was going slow and just grabbed her front brake to hard on a wet road. she was fine but the scooter needed some new panels. she is deathly afraid of wet roads now.

top performance trophy bbk, stage6 hpc crank, top performance 50/15 primary final drive gears, ncy forks, doppler rear shock, style pro handlebars, ncy handlebar mount, acewell 1500 speedo, 86 main jet, needle from an '05 carb raised 2 notches, t-mod, snorkel removed, leo vince zx-r, dual headlight, led tail light, stage6 f1 mirrors, pirelli sl26 130 tires front & back, ballistic evo2 4cell battery, jdm rear fender with intergraded turn signals, intergraded led turn signals front, replaced 75 screws and bolts with blue aluminum allen screws, str8 grips, str8 oversized fan, malossi white torque spring, torque spring bearing, stage6 levers, stage6 kick start, stage6 vforce3 reed cage, malossi mutivar, 7g variator weights, malossi drive face, stage6 r/t clutch with red springs, stage6 r/t 433 clutch bell, throttle up garage door opener, trimmed rack, vented transmission cover

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:18 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 96 Jog 05 Vino 08 C3 04 Super 9 00 SR
I say you need to just use more force. Put the front wheel between your legs and crank the bars the opposit way it hit. Muscle it, it will go.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 am
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: Vino 125: LED headlight flasher, brake light modulator, JDM lights, HDR headlight bulb
I straight up dropped mine as I was stupidly reaching down w/my left hand to pick up a cone while holding my right handlebar with my left hand. Dumb idea. I can't believe I dropped it while practicing in a parking lot! Ugh. I ended up scratching the front fender and eventually replacing it. Although I can't help with your particular problem, I posted some pics before of the insides of what's behind the leg shield and fender. The photo might help. It's on my blog. Feel free to use it.

Another thing that happened when I dropped the bike was that the side stand bent out of shape and held the safety sensor in. The scooter wouldn't run. It wasn't until after I had it towed home that I realized this and bent it back. Good as new after some muscle work using a vice grip. Sorry, that's non-related to your problem, but just wanted to share what other things can happen to the Vino 125 specifically if you drop it. Hopefully this little tidbit may help someone.

Newbie to the scooter scene. Modded with JDM lights, brake flasher module, headlight flasher and HDR headlight. Other than that, it's all stock. No engine mods. I use it as my primary mode of transportation. 70 mpg so far. See my vino: http://96mpg.blogspot.com/2010/11/video.html

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]