View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Rear pulley not opening completely 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Rear pulley not opening completely
I have found why I cant go much over 30mph on the bugeye I am rebuilding. It seems like the rear pulley won't fully open, even by hand. As a result, the belt won't go up in the variator and I hit top speed WAY early.

I'm not exactly sure it's a pulley from which model. It's pretty much the same as the one I had on my bugeye, with what seems to be a 2009 date stamp on it. I got the pulley already assembled with a 3-pad clutch and a stiff red contra (which might be changed once the issue gets fixed; the CVT tuning seems dead-on if not for the pulley not fully opening). Not sure if the clutch is a stock 3-pad or an aftermarket one... there's no brand markings on it.

I have hand-tested prying the pulley open, putting a belt in, and compared with another pulley I have (also mounted using a red Contra and a MHR Delta clutch). One clearly allows the belt to go deeper.

I am using a stock Yamaha belt, for the records. It's not brand new, but it used to work well with my MHR Team.

What could cause the rear pulley to not fully open?

Crappy potato quality picture. I made a purple mark on the variator and went for a run. It's not really visible, but it's somewhat matching the "wear" area of the variator. I forgot to take pictures of the pulley, but nothing seems off about it. It just looks like your typical rear pulley with a 3-pad clutch and a red contra.

'94 Yamaha Jog - MHR BigBore 77cc, Yasuni C30, Stage6 HPC 12mm, MHR Digital Direct + EPROM 3 CDI, Dell'Orto VHST 28mm BS, Stage6 Big Valve intake, Stage6 NBR reeds, Malossi MHR Overrange 2005, Stage6 Torque Control + Stage6 CNC 450g bell, 14/46 primary gears

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:32 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
Post Re: Rear pulley not opening completely
If you're not working with the rear clutch and pulley OFF the scoot at this point ... I'm thinking that you need to.

It's gotta open/close without any hang.ups.

Maybe it's needing a really good cleaning ?? ??

So ... the clutch doesn't have any slip ... it's the spring/pulley ??

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:16 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, they're off the engine, but the pulley and clutch assembly is still together.

Clutch doesnt seem to be slipping... and as I said, when I try to open the pulley by hand and force the strap in, it won't go as far as another pulley I have around.

'94 Yamaha Jog - MHR BigBore 77cc, Yasuni C30, Stage6 HPC 12mm, MHR Digital Direct + EPROM 3 CDI, Dell'Orto VHST 28mm BS, Stage6 Big Valve intake, Stage6 NBR reeds, Malossi MHR Overrange 2005, Stage6 Torque Control + Stage6 CNC 450g bell, 14/46 primary gears

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:25 am
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: Yamaha BWS 100cc + Lots of VAT......
take it apart and inspect.. also clean it!

then re-assemble if you don't find any faults... and test again.

it must open... unless you have a piece crap stuck inside the pulley.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:46 am
Profile WWW
Silver Member
Silver Member

I havent taken it apart yet, because of the lack of proper tooling to open it up. Instead I tried another rear pulley assembly I had, that I know was working correctly (again with a red contra), and no dice, tops just under 30mph. So the pulley seems fine, but the CVT adjustments are most likely off the charts. I'm thinking the rollers are too lights and the contra too stiff for what's in there.

Rollers were at 5g (30g total), so I'm making a mix to bring them around 37.5g. Tomorrow I'll get some tools to open the clutch nut and change the contra to either a stock or white/soft one.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:58 pm
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: Yamaha BWS 100cc + Lots of VAT......
so its not the rear pulley.

then the rollers are to light... or stiff contra.

also, maybe the rollers have moved... or worn?

Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:35 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 05 Z50 4200 miles, 70cc Polini, 84 jet, Leo Vince zx, Athena Variator, stock clutch w/LV yellow springs and Athena contr
I'm not sure what's going on, but your variator nut is screwed on too far. It should be flush with the end of the crank - there's just enough room to fit everything on and then tighten it.

I don't see the convex washer there, so maybe that's all, and in that case it doesn't affect how far the vario can close (and that's the issue - it's not closing enough, it's not that it's not opening enough!).

Do you have shims? Can you run without the shim washer?

Also, the belt normally doesn't go all the way up. But it should go farther up than that.

'05 Zuma 50, Athena sport 70cc (12mm piston) with Polini head (.9 squish), B9ES spark plug; timing advanced about 2˚; Yasuni C16 exhaust, Buzzetti kick stand to make room for it (and Stage6 paddock stand after dropping the freaking bike because of the kick stand); stock airbox no snorkel, 5 x 1/2" holes; Stage6 21mm racing PHBG, 45/95/W7 1 lean/40 slide; Polini/Power One 12mm HPC crank; Athena 15/50 gears (also have 14/42s pressed into a gearbox cover, just switched back and like the 15/50s so far); 107mm Malossi Delta clutch, "racing" red springs/lighter "racing" counterweights ± 6800 RPM engagement, Stage6 Kupplungsglocke (bell - the light one); Malossi 6112811 Overrange kit, red contra and 28.2G rollers; VForce 3 reeds; Michelin Bopper tires; back to the stock shock; dual headlight wiring; C3 mirrors; Trailtech TTO tachometer and temp gauge.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:12 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Replaced the contra for a stock one. I now hit ~38mph on the stock counter. Is that about how fast a stock 50 should be going? I never rode a stock one :eng101:

But the contra is too soft and it's hesitating when you hit a hill or get back on the throttle. I've put in a yellow contra (we had no white readily available) along with heavier rollers and tomorrow I'll see how it goes. I'll also see if I can get a new belt. The one i have is used and I dont know how many miles it has.

I'm waiting on completing my starter assembly so I can put it in there and finalize the shimming behind the variator. It's possible that it isn't correctly positioned, but this isn't a stock bugeye variator, and it works for now. Also, convex washer?

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:37 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2001 Prebug: TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-Restricted, Dellorto 17.5 PHVA converted to manual choke-90MJ-45pilot, At
Goshi wrote:
Replaced the contra for a stock one. I now hit ~38mph on the stock counter. Is that about how fast a stock 50 should be going? I never rode a stock one :eng101:

But the contra is too soft and it's hesitating when you hit a hill or get back on the throttle. I've put in a yellow contra (we had no white readily available) along with heavier rollers and tomorrow I'll see how it goes. I'll also see if I can get a new belt. The one i have is used and I dont know how many miles it has.

I'm waiting on completing my starter assembly so I can put it in there and finalize the shimming behind the variator. It's possible that it isn't correctly positioned, but this isn't a stock bugeye variator, and it works for now. Also, convex washer?

the convex washer goes between the castle nut and variator nut.
I think 38 is in the ballpark for a stock scooter--- may be a little slow.

2001 Prebug, TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-restricted, Dellorto PHVA 17.5 converted to manual choke- 88 MJ, 45 Pilot, OEM Airbox, Athena Variator, Doppler 15/50 Upgears, Erlandson Kevlar Belt, Motoforce 107mm Clutch & OEM Bell, Malossi White Contra Spring, Malossi Torque Controller, Leo Vince "stiff" clutch springs, Custom Vented CVT, F1 CF Mirrors, CF Fan Cover, CF Airbox Cover, BWS Tail Light, Trimmed Rear Rack, STR8 Front Turn Signals, 5v USB Power Supply, Custom Donut Graphics by jdubbya, Cool Azz Underglow

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:39 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 05 Z50 4200 miles, 70cc Polini, 84 jet, Leo Vince zx, Athena Variator, stock clutch w/LV yellow springs and Athena contr
38 is what my bike did stock.

Obviously you can use heavier rollers and a stiffer contra spring.

'05 Zuma 50, Athena sport 70cc (12mm piston) with Polini head (.9 squish), B9ES spark plug; timing advanced about 2˚; Yasuni C16 exhaust, Buzzetti kick stand to make room for it (and Stage6 paddock stand after dropping the freaking bike because of the kick stand); stock airbox no snorkel, 5 x 1/2" holes; Stage6 21mm racing PHBG, 45/95/W7 1 lean/40 slide; Polini/Power One 12mm HPC crank; Athena 15/50 gears (also have 14/42s pressed into a gearbox cover, just switched back and like the 15/50s so far); 107mm Malossi Delta clutch, "racing" red springs/lighter "racing" counterweights ± 6800 RPM engagement, Stage6 Kupplungsglocke (bell - the light one); Malossi 6112811 Overrange kit, red contra and 28.2G rollers; VForce 3 reeds; Michelin Bopper tires; back to the stock shock; dual headlight wiring; C3 mirrors; Trailtech TTO tachometer and temp gauge.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:33 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2005 BWS
Goshi wrote:

You can check the belt by measuring the width. New is 16.6mm, wear limit is 14.7mm I believe.

TP Black Trophy 70cc, Giannelli Reverse Pipe, Stock Carb 84 Main, Needle 1 Rich, Stock Airbox Snorkel Removed, 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders, Delta Clutch with Yellow Springs and Yellow Contra, NCY Adjustable Torque Driver, Malossi Torque Controller, Naraku R-Vent Bell, CF Reeds, Kege Analog Tach, Dual Headlight Mod, N.A. Rear Fender Delete, OEM Short Windshield.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:27 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Firehawk989 wrote:
Goshi wrote:

You can check the belt by measuring the width. New is 16.6mm, wear limit is 14.7mm I believe.

Thanks, I'll measure it tomorrow.

Got the tuning down... used the softest yellow contra I had around (still stiffer than a stock), using my hand pushing it down as a comparison, and settled with 5G rollers all around. Pulls "hard" till top speed, and little hesitation when getting back on the throttle.

Now it's making some sort of.... hiccups... when I hold it at WOT. Like, brief hesitations. But I'm low on gas, could that be it?

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:20 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

New strap helped a bit. Bogs a lot once well warmed up... it could be heating a bit. My engine cover isn't correctly fixed, so I'm gonna tie-wrap it better. I'm also going to try another variator, we believe this one sucks sweaty donkey balls.

A tuner friend also thinks it's running a bit rich. So we'll bring the jet down.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:54 pm
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2004 Zuma
Did you ever figure this out?

Im having the same issue with my rear pully not closing all the way. Only riding 50% of the way up the variator. 2000rpm spring, malossi multivar. Tried 4g dr pully rollers and and 6g rollers with little to no difference. Nyc rear pully. Too high rpms when WOT i can deff feel it.
When i try to close the rear pully by hand the belt wont go all the way down. Close to 50% of the way.

~ Malossi RHQ Crankshaft 10mm
~ LC Stage 6 MK2 Racing
~ Bolt-On Radiator Set Yamaha BWS/Zuma 2002-2011
~ Motoforce Racing 12v Water Pump
~ Yasuni C21
~ Polini 24mm Carb | #122 Main Jet | 45 Pilot
~ Polini Gear Set 13/44
~ Malossi Overrange Variator Kit LA Furia Rossa 6x 3.5g rollers
~ Stage 6 Mk2 Clutch/ White contra, red springs engaging @ 7200rpm
~ Stage 6 R/T Clutch Bell
~ Naraku 35mm Intake
~ Stage6 V-Force3 Reed Valve
~ Polini Air Filter (pod/ open)
~ Doppler Racing Shock Absorber (275mm)
~ Shock Riser
~ MVT Digital Direct Ignition @ .35 BTDC
~ NGK BPR8ES Spark plug
~ NYC Quick Throttle
~ LED Headlight Mod
~ Trail Tech Vapor RPM meter
~ Trail Tech Temp gauge

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:27 pm
Newb
Newb

Google college student

in this time, We are making it easier to use your phone to find and scan scholarly articles. Clicking a Scholar google on your phone now opens a quick preview:

You can swipe nearly everywhere to quickly flip through the list of results. Where at your disposal, ask for abstracts. Or explore related and citing blog posts and articles, Which appear at the bottom of the preview and various familiar Scholar features.

When you find an intriguing article, You can click through to read it now, Or rrt is possible to tap the star icon to save it for later in your Scholar library. lovely sign in to the same Google account on both the phone and the laptop to use this feature. allowing you find and save papers on your phone wherever you are. once you get home, You can grab a sit down elsewhere and click library on your laptop to get to your reading list.

Quick previews can be found in Chrome, firefox, new samsung, or other standard browsers on recent Android and Apple phones. hello there, They won work in Opera Mini or other special purpose surfers; And they don't, currently, available on tablets.

We want to thank our partners in scholarly publishing that have worked with us on this. Working along, We hope to help make research better everywhere. As a Googler taking care of search 13 years ago, Acharya wanted to make optimization encompass scholarly journal articles. A laudable agenda, Because unlike outside web, most raw output of scientific research was invisible hidden behindpaywalls. People might not have any idea existed. "I was raised in India, And sometimes you didn't even know if something existed. If you knew it been with us, You could try to be, Acharya tells me. "'How do I get connect to?' is a second concern. If I don't know about it, i will not even try,

You do not have subscription access to academic journals through an institution then to access a large proportion of academic journals you'll cough up a fee for each paper;Fees of $30 or moreper article are frequent. And to access a lot of papers then the cost quickly adds up. evidently many people don't have the means to pay. Free to read and downloading (Head to your directory of Open Access Journals for easy access to a whole range of open access journals), But it will likely be you will miss a lot of what's happening in the academic world. If you can't afford to pay then you have a number of options to get around the paywalls. One issue resolves around learning analytics and this has been brewing brief time. The argument began in various form withcorrelations of student success studies(Which can be seen to be doing in a adhoc and limited manner what learning analytics aims to do). While there is talk oflibraries particulating in learning analytics,the Educause talkseems to have triggered librarians.

regardless, that extra, I happy to see that Google continues to enhance Google Scholar with new features. These are some of the extra features and things I learnt about Google Scholar lately. at this time, We are delivering the 2017 version of dating ukrainian women Scholar Metrics. This release covers articles published in 2012 2016 and includes citations from all articles that had been indexed in Google Scholar as of June 2017.

Scholar Metrics include journal articles from websites such as the following our inclusion guidelines, Selected conference articles in Computer Science Electrical anthropological and preprints from arXiv and NBER. training books with fewer than 100 articles in 2012 2016, Or newspapers that received no citations over these years are not included.

You can browse text books in specific categories such as,, or it may be or maybe. you will encounter the top 20 publications ordered by their five year h index and h median metrics. You also can browse the top 100 literature in several languages for example,

Scholar Metrics include a plethora of publications beyond those listed on the per category and per language pages.

TrendMD provides higher reader involvement than Google Scholar or Twitter

TrendMD travellers are twice as engaged as readers from PubMed and Google Scholar, Three times more engaged than Twitter contacts.

During sept and October 2016, Bounce rates for readers identified the Journal of Medical Internet Research content via the TrendMD widget were half those of readers who used Google Scholar or PubMed, A third of bounce rates for readers directed from Twitter, And a quarter of that surrounding readers who used Google.

But why is it that bounce rates matter? A high bounce rate implies that readers aren't exploring; traffic are coming, searching one page, and after which leaving. High bounce rates mean low proposal.

wedding with a site can be measured by bounce rate and pages viewed per session. Bounce rates refer to the portion of visitors who only look at one page on a given site, While pages viewed per session refers to the number of pages a visitor will look at on average before navigating to a different one site. In both values, TrendMD sent now more engaged visitors to JMIR than Google Scholar, PubMed, twits, Or the net.

what engaged are readers referred by TrendMD? not to mention much lower bounce rates (13% more than 26% and above) Readers given to JMIR via TrendMD viewed 150% more pages per visit than any other source. This is 150% more content on a publisher's site is discovered when the reader is referred by TrendMD.

Engaged readers mean more of your content is being discovered on every visit but also increases the odds of readers coming back and continuing to explore later. If you interested in finding out more about how TrendMD can increase your reader engagement, electronic us!

getting ready your Scholar library

Google Scholar Library allows you to build your existing collection of articles within Scholar. it will save you articles right from the search page, Organize them with labels, And use the power of Scholar full text search ranking to quickly find just the one you want. You decide what goes into your library and we provide all the goodies that are included in Scholar search results up to date article links, Citing stories, Related article marketing, prepared citations, Links to your university's monthly subscriptions, but more.

As personal libraries have grown over time, managing them takes more effort. Today we are making organizing your library easier by making it possible to update or export multiple articles with a single click. as an example, If you're writing a new paper, it's easy to export the articles to cite to your favorite reference manager; If you are grouping papers that explore different aspects of your research area, You can select all papers in a sub field and label them with one click.

Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next