View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 YAMAHA ZUMA bugeye50, bws 
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 2004 Zuma Grey, Polini cast iron sport 70, 6g rollers, stage 6 clutch bell, adige 3 shoe 107mm clutch, Michelin regge...
Post Re: Firehawk989's '05 BWS Build, BBK is on like Donkey Kong!
Looks good I might be going for the koso gp.just don't know how or were to put it don't wanna sacrifice my cup holder ha

UNDER CONSTRUCTION....Polini Sport 70(25**mi+),Stock Crank,Adige 3 Shoe 107MM Clutch, Stage6 r/t 107mm bell, highway bars, 6G Malossi Rollers, Kevlar Belt( had two left over) , 19mm Dellorto PHBG Race Carb W/ S6 Choke, Polini Team 3 Exhaust, Uni Filter(Stock Air Box Snorkel Removed), Cf Reeds(Stock cage), Regge Tires, Black 05 Rims, EBC Breaks F/R,Duel Headlight, R Fender Downsize...Add & Fix As I Go....Need Help Please,Anyone & Local MI Area Would Be Good
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Winter14/spring15 project for 04 zuma- s6 or polini crank, bigger better better top end Still deciding, and go from there... crank case paint? New hoses wiring every piece top to bottom
WTB: 88-2000 PREBUG
05 Yamaha Zuma R.I.P-Had Good Times

Thu May 15, 2014 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2005 BWS
FINALLY got my pipe after almost 2 months of waiting! :doh:

Anyway it looks great! I ordered the Aerox version to be certain that I would get a pipe for the horizontal motor since most of the BWS/Zuma versions in Europe are the vertical one. There was a minor fitment issue because the Aerox case has shorter exhaust bolt mounts, but I was able to compensate by adding a spacer, (metal bushing from the rubberized lower mount on the stock exhaust) and a longer bolt between the bracket and the flange welded on the pipe.

Also, the pipe came with rollers but I didn't have time to install them last night, so my ride to work this morning was SLOOOOOW until I hit about 7k RPM or ~60 km/h, then it took off! I didn't think the pipe would knock so much off the bottom end torque, but then I'm sure when I install the proper rollers all will be right with the world.

Oh, and the sound! At idle it sounds like it's making popcorn inside, like a good 2T exhaust should. :D On the power band it sounds pretty mean! I should just make a video. It's definitely louder than stock, but not unbearably so. So far I like it! :D

Feast your eyes!

Attachments:
IMG_20140527_201352.jpg
IMG_20140527_201352.jpg [ 564.36 KiB | Viewed 4358 times ]
IMG_20140528_090020.jpg
IMG_20140528_090020.jpg [ 515.12 KiB | Viewed 4358 times ]

TP Black Trophy 70cc, Giannelli Reverse Pipe, Stock Carb 84 Main, Needle 1 Rich, Stock Airbox Snorkel Removed, 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders, Delta Clutch with Yellow Springs and Yellow Contra, NCY Adjustable Torque Driver, Malossi Torque Controller, Naraku R-Vent Bell, CF Reeds, Kege Analog Tach, Dual Headlight Mod, N.A. Rear Fender Delete, OEM Short Windshield.
Wed May 28, 2014 9:29 am
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 2004 Zuma Grey, Polini cast iron sport 70, 6g rollers, stage 6 clutch bell, adige 3 shoe 107mm clutch, Michelin regge...
Firehawk989 wrote:
FINALLY got my pipe after almost 2 months of waiting! :doh:

Anyway it looks great! I ordered the Aerox version to be certain that I would get a pipe for the horizontal motor since most of the BWS/Zuma versions in Europe are the vertical one. There was a minor fitment issue because the Aerox case has shorter exhaust bolt mounts, but I was able to compensate by adding a spacer, (metal bushing from the rubberized lower mount on the stock exhaust) and a longer bolt between the bracket and the flange welded on the pipe.

Also, the pipe came with rollers but I didn't have time to install them last night, so my ride to work this morning was SLOOOOOW until I hit about 7k RPM or ~60 km/h, then it took off! I didn't think the pipe would knock so much off the bottom end torque, but then I'm sure when I install the proper rollers all will be right with the world.

Oh, and the sound! At idle it sounds like it's making popcorn inside, like a good 2T exhaust should. :D On the power band it sounds pretty mean! I should just make a video. It's definitely louder than stock, but not unbearably so. So far I like it! :D

Feast your eyes!

Nice pipe I got mine coming in on Friday I hope from Quebec bought the last polini in stock

UNDER CONSTRUCTION....Polini Sport 70(25**mi+),Stock Crank,Adige 3 Shoe 107MM Clutch, Stage6 r/t 107mm bell, highway bars, 6G Malossi Rollers, Kevlar Belt( had two left over) , 19mm Dellorto PHBG Race Carb W/ S6 Choke, Polini Team 3 Exhaust, Uni Filter(Stock Air Box Snorkel Removed), Cf Reeds(Stock cage), Regge Tires, Black 05 Rims, EBC Breaks F/R,Duel Headlight, R Fender Downsize...Add & Fix As I Go....Need Help Please,Anyone & Local MI Area Would Be Good
Winter14/spring15 project for 04 zuma- s6 or polini crank, bigger better better top end Still deciding, and go from there... crank case paint? New hoses wiring every piece top to bottom
WTB: 88-2000 PREBUG
05 Yamaha Zuma R.I.P-Had Good Times

Wed May 28, 2014 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Silver Member
Silver Member

Installed the rollers that came with the pipe (4.5g) and now it stays in the powerband on accel, but I think they're just a bit light. I didn't lose any top speed I don't think, but I feel like it should be accelerating more quickly. I'm thinking of going with 6g sliders, does that sound like a good choice?

Also adjusted the clutch a bit, but it's still engaging around 4k, so I'll have to tweak it a bit more. Take-offs are still a bit sluggish, but better than when I had the stock rollers and the engagement set lower. I'm going to put in an order for a yellow torque spring, some yellow clutch springs, and a malossi spring seat, or maybe one of those twist control setups with the ball bearings.

TP Black Trophy 70cc, Giannelli Reverse Pipe, Stock Carb 84 Main, Needle 1 Rich, Stock Airbox Snorkel Removed, 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders, Delta Clutch with Yellow Springs and Yellow Contra, NCY Adjustable Torque Driver, Malossi Torque Controller, Naraku R-Vent Bell, CF Reeds, Kege Analog Tach, Dual Headlight Mod, N.A. Rear Fender Delete, OEM Short Windshield.

Thu May 29, 2014 11:55 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ordered Malossi Yellow contra, sport spring set for Delta clutch, and Malossi plastic spring seat.

Should I go with 5g or 6g Dr. Pulley Sliders? (The 4.5g rollers seem to be about right.)

Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:52 pm
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 2006 Blue Yamaha BWS, Blacked out rack, rims and fairing cover, stickers removed, triple-brakelight mod with all LED,
go with heavy sliders, if they're too much at least you can use a dremel and grind them out a little to lighten them

-Dr. Pulley 7.5G sliders -No engine mods...... yet

Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:26 am
Profile YIM
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yea good point. I'll just have to get myself a mini digital scale as well so I can make them all the same weight if it comes to that.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:03 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Well things are looking pretty dialed now at around 2000km into the build. Got the yellow clutch springs, yellow contra, and torque controller installed and the transmission is nice and smooth. Have the clutch springs at the softest setting with the weights in the middle hole on the delta which is fine, but I think I'll go to the middle tension setting on the springs as well to make the engagement slightly higher.

I'll add this ride vid so you guys can see/hear the pipe in action:

Things I'm considering for the future are:
15/50 Upgears
17.5mm carb
Malossi Multivar (Is it really that much better than stock?)
Rear Shock

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:09 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Re: Firehawk989's '05 BWS Build
Installed 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders and an NCY Adjustable torque driver. The "flat spot" in the acceleration seems to be gone due to the straight tracks in the TD, and top speed seems slightly higher as Dr. Pulley claims.

Also, in case anyone else wants to do the Torque Driver upgrade, the NCY Secondary Sliding Sheave Item# 1200-1033 fits the stock '05 fixed sheave perfectly and the stock '05 spring seat fits over the TD perfectly. No extra parts required.

Attachments:
IMG_20150110_221724.jpg
IMG_20150110_221724.jpg [ 354.07 KiB | Viewed 4055 times ]

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:32 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

So after a winter's worth of riding in the cold and rain my pipe has rusted a bit. I was kind of expecting it to because of all the other stories I've heard on here that all pipes seem to rust eventually.

Anyway, decided to clean it up and spray it with BBQ paint as many of you have suggested. I also decided it would be a good time to repack the silencer while I have the pipe off, since I noticed the pipe has been very loud lately! Taking the silencer apart was a bit of a PITA because the case is riveted on instead of bolted, but once the rivets were drilled out it came apart pretty easily. Once apart, I was pleased to see that the silencer case is a real Kevlar tube, not just a fake sticker over something else! Repacked the silencer with new fiberglass mat, and put it back together with some nice M5 stainless machine screws from the local marine supply shop.

The pipe now looks much better in the flat black BBQ paint, and it is also SO MUCH QUIETER! I was really amazed at the difference, and kind of felt bad for terrorizing the neighborhood for as long as I had when it was loud.

Attachments:
IMG_20150309_171849.jpg
IMG_20150309_171849.jpg [ 351.91 KiB | Viewed 3913 times ]

Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:49 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Athena 15/50 Upgears came in today from Scootertuning.ca! If the weather is ok tomorrow, should be able to get everything apart, have the local scoot shop press in the new gears, and be back on the road. Forecast looks like crap though. :mad:

Attachments:
IMG_20150320_223115.jpg
IMG_20150320_223115.jpg [ 319.01 KiB | Viewed 3900 times ]

Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:38 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Firehawk989 wrote:
Well things are looking pretty dialed now at around 2000km into the build. Got the yellow clutch springs, yellow contra, and torque controller installed and the transmission is nice and smooth. Have the clutch springs at the softest setting with the weights in the middle hole on the delta which is fine, but I think I'll go to the middle tension setting on the springs as well to make the engagement slightly higher.

I'll add this ride vid so you guys can see/hear the pipe in action:

Things I'm considering for the future are:
15/50 Upgears
17.5mm carb
Malossi Multivar (Is it really that much better than stock?)
Rear Shock

That road looks like it's a wonderful ride. Not to many places in Vegas like that. Come to think of it, there's nothing like that here :(
And I heard you get over in that left hand corner somewhere around 7:30 into the video and scraped that center stand. I can't stand those damn things so I always remove them.

Malossi MHR Big Bore 77 LC, Malossi RHQ crank, Roost 86 pipe, 28mm Keihin PWK Carb, Stage6 reverse intake manifold, Custom Subframe, Stage6 Vforce3 reed valve, Polini open air Filter, Malossi 2010 Over Range, Polini 2G clutch, Dr Pulley clutch bell, Malossi yellow contra. Aerox wheels. ProTaper bars. Buzzeti side stand. Many more upgrades to come...

2008 Zuma 50
2012 Zuma 50 (sold)
2006 Metropolitan selling/parting out!
2003 Derbi Red Bullet

Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:18 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yea we have some great twisty roads here with low speed limits, perfect for the scoots!

It freaks me out every time I lean hard over like that and hear the center stand scrape, even though it doesn't seem to actually do anything when it happens. If you watch closely in the vid when that happens you can see the sparks from the stand too. :D

Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:00 am
Scooterologist

What were your top speeds with all of the mods before and after your upgears?

TP Trophy Black 70cc BBK.17.5mm Dellorto Carb.92 MJ.Snorkel Removed.CF Reeds.NGK BR8HS.MotoForce Racing Variator.MoroForce Racing Fan Pulley.MotoForce Racing Kevlar Belt.MotoForce Racing 4.5 Gram Rollers.MotoForce 107mm Clutch.MotoForce White Clutch Springs.MotoForce Clutch Bell.Malossi TC.Malossi Yellow Contra Spring.Leo Vince ZX.MotoForce Reinforced 10mm Crank. Athena 14/42 Gears.57 mph top speed.

Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:33 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 05 Z50 4200 miles, 70cc Polini, 84 jet, Leo Vince zx, Athena Variator, stock clutch w/LV yellow springs and Athena contr
15/50s will make a difference of about 4MPH, and you won't feel any loss of power after you put in lighter rollers.

'05 Zuma 50, Athena sport 70cc (12mm piston) with Polini head (.9 squish), B9ES spark plug; timing advanced about 2˚; Yasuni C16 exhaust, Buzzetti kick stand to make room for it (and Stage6 paddock stand after dropping the freaking bike because of the kick stand); stock airbox no snorkel, 5 x 1/2" holes; Stage6 21mm racing PHBG, 45/95/W7 1 lean/40 slide; Polini/Power One 12mm HPC crank; Athena 15/50 gears (also have 14/42s pressed into a gearbox cover, just switched back and like the 15/50s so far); 107mm Malossi Delta clutch, "racing" red springs/lighter "racing" counterweights ± 6800 RPM engagement, Stage6 Kupplungsglocke (bell - the light one); Malossi 6112811 Overrange kit, red contra and 28.2G rollers; VForce 3 reeds; Michelin Bopper tires; back to the stock shock; dual headlight wiring; C3 mirrors; Trailtech TTO tachometer and temp gauge.

Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next