View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Best sport 50CC options? 
Newb
Newb

Post Best sport 50CC options?
Hi guys I am now curios about aftermarket 50cc kits, not the crazy ported monsters, the sporty ones considering malossi or polini 50cc sport kit as I feel It will pair with a stock crank and last a lot longer with out breaking cases; is my logic flawed?

Stock air-box, carb, and cylinder
Gates Long belt 44mph Gps'd

Fri May 03, 2019 1:51 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2 2004 Vinos 2004 Zuma
Post Re: Best sport 50CC options?
Just go to a 70 cc cast iron malossi top performance polini stage 6 same amount of work same amount of money as a 50 cc .
You are right the sport kits are very reliable with no crank upgrade .

2004 Vino Malossi sport 70cc Malossi Wild Lion pipe malossi multivar 6.5 sliders green polini clutch springs stock carb 75 mikuni main one clip rich 47.5 mph Michelin S1 90/90/10 rear tire Michelin S1 3" x 10 up front

2004 Zuma Malossi sport 70 cc Technigas next r 2008 zuma torque driver polini high speed variator 5.5 grams sliders malossi delta clutch yellow contra yellow clutch springs Stock Carb 84 main jet 46 pilot jet needle 1 clip rich stock athena 14/42 gears 11 to 1 final ratio 56 mph

2005 Eton Beamer (Taiwan Zuma Clone) Airsal sport 70cc 9200 peak rpm top speed 42 77.5 mikuni jet needle 1 clip rich (sold)

Fri May 03, 2019 6:01 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

The cylinder isn't really going to determine whether you need a crank upgrade. As long as you're not looking at a combination that is just terrible together, it's really the pipe that will determine whether the rpms raise high enough to necessitate a crank upgrade. A Yasuni R pipe probably leaves a lot of wasted power on a 50cc cylinder. Once upon a time I was getting the same top end with the stock cylinder and a Leo Vince ZX, which isn't as strong of a pipe. But according to these tests that Yasuni pairs well with a sporty Stage6 Streetrace at a stock crack safe rpm level.

Sat May 04, 2019 4:59 am
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: yamaha bws 2004
Okay you guys can see what I have on my bike below I'm wondering what do I need to get my transmission a lock up like I see in videos people pulling wheelies right off the bat or spinning on pavement like I want to be able to get that snap will an over range kit help that my variator is slipping on take off I've tried all different weights so I'm wondering if I buy polini over range kit or a malossi overrange kit will that help or and another question is can I only use that on a 50cc or will it work on a 70cc cuz I want to get more snap and also more speed top end speed. I have a 50cc so I'm just wondering. I don't really want to spend $500 for nothing so

yamaha bws 50cc 2004 , dual headlight mod headlight mod, malossi mhr racing brakes, Str8 shock Riser 60mm, tun'r high flow air filter K&N Style, polini 3g speed clutch, doppler white spring i have them all i think im going to change to yellow, malossi winged speed clutch bell, polini clutch engagement Springs(green), poline jets, stage6 5.5and 6gram weaights, tun'r oversized air fan(red), str8 air scoop, and yasuni z pipe with red adrenaline exhaust (fully unrestricted) and side kick stand just put in a polini 70cc sport, polinihigh speed variartior, air speed front fixed pully polini belt that came with the kit

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:52 am
Scooterologist

Okay you guys can see what I have on my bike below I'm wondering what do I need to get my transmission a lock up like I see in videos people pulling wheelies right off the bat or spinning on pavement like I want to be able to get that snap will an over range kit help that my variator is slipping on take off I've tried all different weights so I'm wondering if I buy polini over range kit or a malossi overrange kit will that help or and another question is can I only use that on a 50cc or will it work on a 70cc cuz I want to get more snap and also more speed top end speed. I have a 50cc so I'm just wondering. I don't really want to spend $500 for nothing so

yamaha bws 50cc 2004 , dual headlight mod headlight mod, malossi mhr racing brakes, Str8 shock Riser 60mm, tun'r high flow air filter K&N Style, polini 3g speed clutch, doppler white spring i have them all i think im going to change to yellow, malossi winged speed clutch bell, polini clutch engagement Springs(green), poline jets, stage6 5.5and 6gram weaights, tun'r oversized air fan(red), str8 air scoop, and yasuni z pipe with red adrenaline exhaust (fully unrestricted) and side kick stand just put in a polini 70cc sport, polinihigh speed variartior, air speed front fixed pully polini belt that came with the kit

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:16 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

You need a better power to weight ratio and down low power .
50 cc with the 210 lb bug eye zuma it is very hard too wheelie .
70 cc with 210 bug eye zuma easier to wheelie .
70 cc 180 prebug wheelie very easy. Just ask member Tassy
70 cc on my 160 lb vino wheelie all day long have to actually fight not doing one.

The overrange kit is something to think about after you put on a 70 cc kit .
I have not seen the need yet to purchase one .
A malossi delta clutch can be set to grab harder and make you more prone to wheelie .
It has weights that you adjust as well as spring the weights effect the bite .

2004 Vino Malossi sport 70cc Malossi Wild Lion pipe malossi multivar 6.5 sliders green polini clutch springs stock carb 75 mikuni main one clip rich 47.5 mph Michelin S1 90/90/10 rear tire Michelin S1 3" x 10 up front

2004 Zuma Malossi sport 70 cc Technigas next r 2008 zuma torque driver polini high speed variator 5.5 grams sliders malossi delta clutch yellow contra yellow clutch springs Stock Carb 84 main jet 46 pilot jet needle 1 clip rich stock athena 14/42 gears 11 to 1 final ratio 56 mph

2005 Eton Beamer (Taiwan Zuma Clone) Airsal sport 70cc 9200 peak rpm top speed 42 77.5 mikuni jet needle 1 clip rich (sold)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:59 pm
Scooterologist

what about the mhr overrange whith my set up. would it work for like speed or would it not have enough power ? i want to make sure the belt will fully travel

Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:59 pm
Scooterologist

or the malossi multyvar would that help. cause my belt is slopping at the variatori rev up to 5000 and 6500 is my power ban and it stays there no problem but on takeoff im slipping ive trieed all sorts of contra springs and still slipping. .i tried a doppler very very stif and stil slip so its the oem variator I'm looking for one that bites real good and more speed obviously . i just thought the overrange was the way to go for tork and speed?

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:06 pm
Scooterologist

sorry i take off at 5000 and my power ban is around 65 and drops off at 82

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:07 pm
Scooterologist

zino18 wrote:
You need a better power to weight ratio and down low power .
50 cc with the 210 lb bug eye zuma it is very hard too wheelie .
70 cc with 210 bug eye zuma easier to wheelie .
70 cc 180 prebug wheelie very easy. Just ask member Tassy
70 cc on my 160 lb vino wheelie all day long have to actually fight not doing one.

The overrange kit is something to think about after you put on a 70 cc kit .
I have not seen the need yet to purchase one .
A malossi delta clutch can be set to grab harder and make you more prone to wheelie .
It has weights that you adjust as well as spring the weights effect the bite .

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:12 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

tuner oneil wrote:
or the malossi multyvar would that help. cause my belt is slopping at the variatori rev up to 5000 and 6500 is my power ban and it stays there no problem but on takeoff im slipping ive trieed all sorts of contra springs and still slipping. .i tried a doppler very very stif and stil slip so its the oem variator I'm looking for one that bites real good and more speed obviously . i just thought the overrange was the way to go for tork and speed?

I think you are putting the cart before the horse. Trying to upgrade your way out of a poorly tuned machine is not going to solve any problems. If I were you, I'd take off most of your upgrades and start over systematically. Settle on a good bbk, upjet the carb, and break in the cylinder with the stock pipe. After you're bbk is ready to go, put back on the Yasuni Z and get tuned again. From there, reassess your performance to determine if/what additional upgrades you're interested in.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:38 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Like Pat says max out and tune what you have .
If you keep adding stuff you wont know what the core issue is .
Further upgrades to your transmission with overranges without the power to push it would cause you more headaches .

Your power band drops off at 8200 with your pipe that is too low that pipe should push past 9,000.
Stock pipes push past 8800 rpms .

Slipping belts do you have the shim in by the variator?
I am talking about the paper clip thin one that is behind the variator fan against the drive boss.
It is there for a reason .
Take a picture of your variator front and your clutch so we can see belt travel

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:10 am
Scooterologist

yeah i shimed the the variator for the malossi belt that I have the MOSI X Kevlar I think it's my variator to be honest because it's doesn't have a flap surface anymore and it's all worn out like pretty bad it has about 32,000 km on it and I got my RPM gauge off Amazon for like 30 $ maybe I set it up wrong

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:30 am
Scooterologist

but everything runs like a dream besides the ĺslipping of the belt when i take off. and ive tried all sorts of setups with shimming and not shimming at all and i am getyi g full travel on my vair i always do the marker trick if not full travel mabe 5 ml from the edge thats with the shim

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:35 am
Scooterologist

itll slip and be rough for mabe 2 seckonds then she takes right off

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next