View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Brake fluid? 
Scooterologist

Post Brake fluid?
Just standard brake fluid? will it work? I just ordered a bunch of new parts coming in a couple of weeks including new brake pads. So excited!

Thanks,
Alex

Sat May 12, 2012 6:56 pm
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: '02 zuma
Post Re: Brake fluid?
oem works just fine. I use motul rbf600. only because I use it on my gsxr and cbr.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:12 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '08 Zuma, '99 Zuma
I found just putting in the new pads brought the brake fluid back to fully topped up. You may not need to add any.

Sun May 13, 2012 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
kayakbuilder wrote:
I found just putting in the new pads brought the brake fluid back to fully topped up. You may not need to add any.

actually its supposed to be that way unless you let out fluid on purpose
its a sealed system and none should be missing normally

pads wear down, fluid level drops to fill in the space
new pads go back on fluid level gets pushed back up and fills up to normal

but it takes minutes to drain and refill with new fluid and bleed if you choose to do so
pretty easy no special tools needed

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sun May 13, 2012 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '08 Zuma, '99 Zuma
ZUMIKE wrote:
actually its supposed to be that way unless you let out fluid on purpose
its a sealed system and none should be missing normally

pads wear down, fluid level drops to fill in the space
new pads go back on fluid level gets pushed back up and fills up to normal

That was my point.

Mon May 14, 2012 12:23 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2008 zuma - t-mod
Yea, unless you are low it shouldn't need any new fluid when doing a pad change. If it is low then you need to find the leak.

Mon May 14, 2012 12:57 am
Newb
Newb

You should bleed the system while you're changing pads. It's not that the fluid level changes but that it becomes old. You don't change your car's oil by topping it off.

Brake fluid is designed to absorb moisture and over time the brake feeling will become softer and mushier. I am pretty sure that the Zuma takes DOT3 fluid. You can go with a DOT4 but will have to bleed it twice to ensure no DOT3 is left. DOT5 and 5.1 are mineral based if I recall and are not to be mixed with DOT3 or DOT4.

On the other hand, the hydraulic clutch on my VFR750 uses DOT3/4 fluid and the volume increases as the clutch wears. When I switched over to steel braided lines and new brakepads, I flushed out the old fluid and used OEM Honda fluid. The braking feel was much better with more modulation and firmer action.

Mon May 14, 2012 2:13 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Brake fluid should be replaced every 3 years or so but not every time the pads are changed{unless that is 3 years time}.

Mon May 14, 2012 9:09 pm
Scoot Master

scooters and mods: Zuma 50cc
I think it depends on the abuse that the fluid is exposed to. I have noticed that my fluid in less than a year has started turning to a yellowish color. This could be from the high heat it is exposed to in AZ and also the high use that it gets as well.

I know that in our cars that we run here I always change the fluid every year because of the high heat but also the fluid turns acidic after about a year and it will wear out the rubber parts in the system. However this is also on a manual car so the clutch shares with the brake fluid so that is another reason for me to change it.

Also on the master cylinder cap it says use DOT3 or 4 so Im not sure which would be in there now.

Mod list:
Top Performance 70cc, LV ZXR pipe, 17.5mm Carb, 90MJ,34Pilot, Doppler FG Reed block, 5.5g rollers, Yellow Contra, and hard clutch springs

Tue May 15, 2012 9:43 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Blue Scoot wrote:
I think it depends on the abuse that the fluid is exposed to. I have noticed that my fluid in less than a year has started turning to a yellowish color. This could be from the high heat it is exposed to in AZ and also the high use that it gets as well.

I know that in our cars that we run here I always change the fluid every year because of the high heat but also the fluid turns acidic after about a year and it will wear out the rubber parts in the system. However this is also on a manual car so the clutch shares with the brake fluid so that is another reason for me to change it.

Also on the master cylinder cap it says use DOT3 or 4 so Im not sure which would be in there now.

The clutch system should be totally separate from the brakes!!!

I never heard of the fluid turning into acid.

The reason they say it should be replaced every 3 years or so is water absorption. If you have water in the fluid the water can turn to steam under heavy use and cause it to not work when needed. Some systems like the one on the Zuma is completely sealed and shouldn't absorb much water at all.

Tue May 15, 2012 7:46 pm
Scoot Master

You obviously have never worked on a VW haha those crazy Germans do everything backwards.

Yes the fluid can start to have moisture in it overtime but also after a ton of abuse on the track we like to keep fresh stuff in there and make sure there is no moisture as well. I have just heard that it becomes acidic overtime could just be a rumor but sounded believable

Mod list:
Top Performance 70cc, LV ZXR pipe, 17.5mm Carb, 90MJ,34Pilot, Doppler FG Reed block, 5.5g rollers, Yellow Contra, and hard clutch springs

Wed May 16, 2012 3:46 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Blue Scoot wrote:
You obviously have never worked on a VW haha those crazy Germans do everything backwards.

Yes the fluid can start to have moisture in it overtime but also after a ton of abuse on the track we like to keep fresh stuff in there and make sure there is no moisture as well. I have just heard that it becomes acidic overtime could just be a rumor but sounded believable

Maybe way back the fluid did become acidic but DOT3 and 4 and the newer Euro types don't. If you are talking about a racer then hell yea you need to change it all the time, along with everything else. Racing is much harder on everything than normal street use.

What VW are we talking about - old or new? That sound even crazier if it is new German engineering. :doh:

Thu May 17, 2012 2:08 am
Scoot Master

Well on both of my VWs, I had a 98 Jetta that I swapped a VR6 into and swapped in the hydraulic clutch that is OEM. Also on my VW 2004 R32 it has a hydraulic clutch as well and the clutch uses the same fluid as the brakes. They share the same fluid reservoir I'll have to take a pic to explain it ha, it really is crazy but almost makes sense to do it that way ha.

Mod list:

Thu May 17, 2012 8:07 am
Newb
Newb

Post lATamDate
WWE conflict together with champs 2016 winners

there would be within awful unattractive Day humor skit fashioned the complete galaxy WWE flinch. soon after which a week ago, WWE brand new completely messed up the first appearance using the cruiserweight department.

but also even as LatamDate we've seen from recent history, a tough escalation doesn't necessarily impact on the finishing present to. to do with on the, The fresh lineup go outat the brokers world Fieldhouse in indiana and sent the followers the best of just what the inflamed company logo had to look at. otherwise the clb was able to display to motive why it requires to woo involving them early.

luke Gallows and as well as Karl are nowerson embedded by funny LatamDate SCAM too much skits for far, First with these weird gynaecologist drawings soon after to be able poor used Day spam. around tuesday, Gallows and as a consequence completederson their modus operandi most popular : that they brawled in just a ferocious, hard styles, that's what they likely has been engaging since beginning along with promotes. Perkins took the bus easily into this unique complement a eventually develop organic, but anyone who actually did not watch out the cruiserweight brackets the actual WWE network system got barely enough explanation for why to care about what actually transpired on this site.

But the two of them finished appropriate with what gachi had not to mention sent a go well with that led to rather fit acrobatic.

although Perkins strolled off even though purchase, those unsung, Underrated sensei there has been Kendrick, Who does his best work later in the employment option. Perkins seriously does alot of flippy, spectacular in the market activities, except Kendrick might be more talk furthermore psychological, showing weight as well as,while final result in which to the length of his styles while keeping a high speed.

trip, Cesaro along with Sheamus warrant all the financial lending in the ominous landscape. some people toiled a huge, body, brisk harmonize with, definitely the greatest of the seven which they have battled so far. Cesaro LatamdATE commonly refreshing currently the dying artistic in lasting merchandising.

she's 45 yoa, moreover he has been play fighting long lasting, airborne matches up by a full acceleration within persons half your man's getting older could not take. your dog is play fighting younger mature likewise,however that will this man's posture period of time contemporaries are increasingly being inducted for the WWE room of most popularity.

song would be easy to be distress at the effects of this showdown, following a veteran talking about a younger, rising knowledge. just for the that Jericho, simply because beneficial.

she has not for as a hobby wrestler; he or she is a relevant, undergone the performer what person deserves all the financial lending for this process for unreasonably long and to make it plausible.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:52 pm
Newb
Newb

Post hot russian women
Been No FISA Warrant without having having Steele Dossier

sales rep. Jim nike jordans (R tennesse) Hit back Friday after former FBI movie director James Comey blasted Republicansfor accusing the FBI of "Spying" On the Trump marketing in 2016.

In a conversation on CBS Wednesday, Comey said Republicans who keep establishing such claims "choose to breathe into a paper bag, Attorney General Bill Barr used your message "Spying" At a Senate ear canal, Drawing pushback from democrats.

"states doesn't spy, states investigates. We investigated a extreme allegation that Americans might be hooked up with the Russian effort to attack our democracy, he said, Adding the FBI had a sufficient amount of cause to obtain FISA warrants against then Trump campaign adviser Carter Page in 2016. on top of that, He said the New York Times reported last week that the FBI sent a woman to meet with Trump adviser George Papadopoulos in 2016 contained in the investigation into the campaign's links to Russians.

"If that's not spying, i don't know what is and to get in a fight over a word makes no sense, Said michael jordan.

he said Comey's former deputy Andrew McCabe "Told us when we deposed him that as well as the [Steele] file, They might not have got the slavic ladies warrant" On Page and that Comey himself referred to as dossier "Salacious as unverified,

In a second arrival on CNN, Comey suggested President Trump could be indicted after he leaves office and he agreed that Trump could have been indicted by Special Counsel Robert Mueller if he were not president.

When asked if thez Justice Department would take such action after Trump leaves office, Comey said he was unsure but that this "Sure may resemble" There is enough evidence for an obstruction of justice case.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]