View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 2:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Possible ignition or fuel problem? 
Newb
Newb

Post Possible ignition or fuel problem?
I have a 2009 Kymco Agility 125 with right around 2000 km (1250 miles), and use it as my pit bike at the drag strip mainly. I had bought it at the beginning of 2018 with around 1700-1800 km on it and it ran beautifully for the first 2 months of the race season. One day at the track it decided to not start after already being ridden half of the day, and I went through and checked if it had compression, fuel and spark. Compression was fine, i cleaned the carb and what finally did the trick was replacing the spark plug. After that it rode fine again for a couple weeks and randomly wouldn't start one morning, so I replaced the spark plug again and it ran at my house, so I rode it down the driveway and back again and it just quit. I replaced the coil/wire, cleaned the carb again and even checked and adjusted the valves but nothing worked. So I let it sit for 2 months for the rest of my racing season (season goes from April to October roughly) and I had went out to put it away for winter and it started without zero issues and warmed right up... What could cause behavior like this and what should I replace next so it will be reliable at the race track for me? I'm wondering if anyone else has had experience with any of this, a couple things I'm thinking next is to replace the cdi and/or the auto choke? I'd like to keep cost down and not replace both though.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:43 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: 2 2004 Vinos 2004 Zuma
Post Re: Possible ignition or fuel problem?
49ccscoot.com
Is a good site for kymco mods
They might have better insight

2004 Vino Malossi sport 70cc Malossi Wild Lion pipe derestricted stock variator stock carb 72 mikuni main one clip rich
43 mph still breakin in

2004 Zuma Malossi sport 70 cc breaking in with stock pipe then Technigas next r polini 107 mm clutch polini green springs polini high speed variator 5.7 grams 82 main jet 46 pilot jet needle 1 clip rich stock 14.4 gears 46mph

2005 Eton Beamer (Taiwan Zuma Clone) Airsal sport 70cc 9200 peak rpm top speed 42 77.5 mikuni jet needle 1 clip rich

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:10 pm
Newb
Newb

Post Re: Possible ignition or fuel problem?
I also had the same problem on my kymco 2018. :(

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]