View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Top Speed threads from the past for reference 
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2 2004 Vinos 2004 Zuma
Post Top Speed threads from the past for reference
This thread is locked
If you read through it you can get a idea of the range of various upgrades
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2587&hilit=top+speed+mph

Getting to mid 40s requires a few tweaks maybe a pipe or bbk .
50 mph requires pipes sport bbks and may be gears .
55 mph to 60 requires gears pipes and sport bbk .
Going above 60 mph requires gears hotter cylinders and or hotter pipes then sport So mid race or better.

I am in the mid 50s with a Sport Pipe ,Variator and Cylinder with keeping the Stock upjetted Carb .

That next 5 mph costs more than it took me to get to as the first 15 mph over stock .

I would have to replace the cylinder and pipe minimum .

So when building figure out where you want to end up and build toward it so you dont spend twice as much as you planned

2004 Vino Malossi sport 70cc Malossi Wild Lion pipe malossi multivar 6.5 sliders green polini clutch springs stock carb 75 mikuni main one clip rich 47.5 mph Michelin S1 90/90/10 rear tire Michelin S1 3" x 10 up front

2004 Zuma Malossi sport 70 cc Technigas next r 2008 zuma torque driver polini high speed variator 5.5 grams sliders malossi delta clutch yellow contra yellow clutch springs Stock Carb 84 main jet 46 pilot jet needle 1 clip rich stock athena 14/42 gears 11 to 1 final ratio 56 mph

2005 Eton Beamer (Taiwan Zuma Clone) Airsal sport 70cc 9200 peak rpm top speed 42 77.5 mikuni jet needle 1 clip rich (sold)

Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 am
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 1998 Zuma Prebug
Post Re: Top Speed threads from the past for reference
zino18 wrote:
This thread is locked

Going above 60 mph requires gears hotter cylinders and or hotter pipes then sport So mid race or better.

I am in the mid 50s with a Sport Pipe ,Variator and Cylinder with keeping the Stock upjetted Carb .

That next 5 mph costs more than it took me to get to as the first 15 mph over stock .

So when building figure out where you want to end up and build toward it so you dont spend twice as much as you planned

If you wanted to you could just plan it out before and get a good crank and a pipe that perform well past 10k+ i.e. yasuni r, stage 6 pro and pro replica and the more expenive ones.
I hear single ring cylinders are better than double ring but I have no idea why.

70cc Athena w/ BR9HS, 17.5mm Carb (82MJ, clip 1 from bottom), 9.9:1 final drive, 4.4g rollers, LV 5k clutch springs, LV TT Pipe

Current max speed ~93kmh(58mph) @ 9.7k rpm

Build Project: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=28663

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:53 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Re: Top Speed threads from the past for reference
Tassy wrote:
zino18 wrote:
This thread is locked

If you wanted to you could just plan it out before and get a good crank and a pipe that perform well past 10k+ i.e. yasuni r, stage 6 pro and pro replica and the more expenive ones.
I hear single ring cylinders are better than double ring but I have no idea why.

"Better" is a subjective condition. There are advantages and disadvantages to single and double rings. A single ring design will generate less friction during the piston's movements inside the cylinder, which contributes to better raw performance. On the downside, they don't have the same durability and reliability as a two ring option. So single rings are preferred for racing, but might be less preferable for a daily rider.

Two ring pistons have better reliability for two main reasons. First, if one ring goes bad, the second ring can get you by for a little while--long enough to buy a replacement, at least. But the biggest factor is that the rings are an important part of cooling. The rings transfer heat away from the piston, and into the cylinder walls. That heat is then transferred to the cooling system. Two rings dissipate heat better than one. And that leads to a longer life for your piston.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]