View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 2015 Zuma 50 electrical problems 
Newb
Newb

Post 2015 Zuma 50 electrical problems
Hello, so I been fighting this for a little while now. Scooter ran fine after coming home from work, and when I went to go to work 10 hours later it won't start. When I turn the key on it turns on like normal, fuel pump primes up and everything but as soon as I go to start it everything dies completely. After waiting around 30 seconds or so it all turns back on until I hit anything electrical, horn, brakes, anything, then it dies again. I can even wait till it turns back on and try to kick start it and it'll only fire for about a second and die again. I've already replaced stator and voltage regulator. Any help is greatly appreciated before I just keep buying parts. Randomly it will let me blow the horn a few times before it dies or randomly it will kick start and run about 10seconds before it loses all throttle response and dies again

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:03 am
Newb
Newb

Post Re: 2015 Zuma 50 electrical problems
OK so fixed my own problem. It was the battery. So I misplaced my volt meter in a closet under a bunch of other tools and parts and hadn't be able to find it. But I've had a Jumpstart pack hooked to it and or coarse there's the kick start that I've always been able to use on the older Zuma's and I even have an 05 that I run without a battery. But anyways I pulled the battery, charged it overnight and when I put it back in nothing at all, wouldn't turn on, no lights on dash, nothing. Took the batter back out and crossed to post, not even a spark. So I pulled the battery out my my 08 Zuma and it fired right up. So lesson learned, with these newer 4t Zuma's if the battery's no good, a Jumpstart or kick start ant going to cut it.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]