View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Help me choose a pipe, Please 
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: Black 09 BWS
Post Help me choose a pipe, Please
I been trying to pull the trigger on a shopping cart & i finially nailed the build down... then the Yasuni R pipe went out of stock on me... the guys at scootertuning.ca been helping me out so i kind of want to buy the build off them...

Straight to the point,

Upgrading a 2009 BWS/Zuma, BBK, Exhaust, Clutch, Variator...

The build (stage 1)
Malosi Sport 70cc BBK
Malosi multivar
Malossi 16×13 5.1 rollers
Polini Clutch for race 3
Yellow Clutch springs
Yellow Tourqe springs
Malosi spring seat
80-98 6mm jet set
new small end bearing (whatever that is for by MHR??)
New Belt
*Wild card* Exhaust?????

This is my current rabbit hole. Options i have if i dont want to wait for stock of the Yasuni R:
Giannelli Shot V4
Tecnigas Triops
Polini Team 3
Stage6 PRO Replica
Yasuni C21
(there is more but they look like they might require more mods.)

Stage 2 of build:
Crank
19mm carb
throttle cable/choke cable

like most main concern is acceleration and maintaining power on hills, (i am a bit of a fatty) top speed is currently 60-62kmh could use 75kmh but top speed is not a priority.

Side note i almost pulled the trigger on a stage6 street race with the pro replica... but googling S6 stuff you get a mixed bag of opinions and seems that scootertuning is steering me away from them.

Help me lords of the scooterverse!!

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:38 pm
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 1998 Zuma Prebug
Post Re: Help me choose a pipe, Please
MaxR wrote:
I been trying to pull the trigger on a shopping cart & i finially nailed the build down... then the Yasuni R pipe went out of stock on me... the guys at scootertuning.ca been helping me out so i kind of want to buy the build off them...

Straight to the point,

Upgrading a 2009 BWS/Zuma, BBK, Exhaust, Clutch, Variator...

The build (stage 1)
Malosi Sport 70cc BBK
Malosi multivar
Malossi 16×13 5.1 rollers
Polini Clutch for race 3
Yellow Clutch springs
Yellow Tourqe springs
Malosi spring seat
80-98 6mm jet set
new small end bearing (whatever that is for by MHR??)
New Belt
*Wild card* Exhaust?????

This is my current rabbit hole. Options i have if i dont want to wait for stock of the Yasuni R:
Giannelli Shot V4
Tecnigas Triops
Polini Team 3
Stage6 PRO Replica
Yasuni C21
(there is more but they look like they might require more mods.)

Stage 2 of build:
Crank
19mm carb
throttle cable/choke cable

like most main concern is acceleration and maintaining power on hills, (i am a bit of a fatty) top speed is currently 60-62kmh could use 75kmh but top speed is not a priority.

Side note i almost pulled the trigger on a stage6 street race with the pro replica... but googling S6 stuff you get a mixed bag of opinions and seems that scootertuning is steering me away from them.

Help me lords of the scooterverse!!

Everything looks good so far except I think the malossi sport BBK is a low revving kit. If you want to use a high powered exhaust (these require a crankshaft upgrade as they tend to rev over 10k+ rpms which is what the stock crankshaft max limit is) i.e. yasuni c21 and stage6 pro/pro replica then I'd get the Athena 70cc BBK. But if you find the malossi BBK cheaper than just go for it.
I'd get a tuning set of the rollers so you have a wide range of weights to choose between (3-6gram range is good)

Clutch springs depend on the pipe so I'd get a set of the clutch springs and just interchange them to get the best fit. Sometimes the exhaust pipes come with some rollers and springs so I usually just put in the springs and say it's good. I then measure the weight of the rollers so I have an idea of the weight range to be tuning around.

You can get either a white malossi torque spring or a yellow torque spring. Dont get the red one as it breaks easily.

Get the OEM small end bearing (if you get a crankshaft then you'll need a 10mm hole crankshaft.

Since you are going all out I'd recommend either the stage pro replica or yasuni C21 (although I have heard the pro replica is hard to tune).

Go for the OEM belt.

Get some plugs (if you get the athena 70CC bbk (aluminium) you'll need to buy a lot of BR9HS plugs for plug chopping otherwise if you are getting a cast iron BBK then you'll need BR8HS plugs.

instead of splitting the crankshaft in the stage 2 part, just include it in stage 1 since it'll be easier to tune the pipe with it already in there.

Get a 19mm dellorto or something. Dont get a counterfeit one as those are hard to tune.

I think most of my info is correct but again please doublecheck everything yourself and do your own research before buying. Just search around the forums and you'll learn a lot.

70cc Athena w/ BR9HS, 17.5mm Carb (82MJ, clip 1 from bottom), 9.9:1 final drive, 4.4g rollers, LV 5k clutch springs, LV TT Pipe

Current max speed ~93kmh(58mph) @ 9.7k rpm

Build Project: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=28663

Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:48 am
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: Black 09 BWS
Hey thanks!!

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:30 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2 2004 Vinos 2004 Zuma
Tassy is giving a good plan
If you are going go to the hotter end of pipes c21 and switch the cranshakft anyways get a hotter cylinder in the midrace category
https://www.pedparts.co.uk/blog/sports- ... s-part-one
http://www.tuningmatters.com/category/reviews/exhausts/

Both of these suggest the stage 6 pro replica is a great pipe for you initial build and would grow with you if you went hotter on a cylinder just likethe yasuni r .

The pro replica the yasuni r and the technigas next r were all pipes I was looking at I just got the best deal on the tecnigas .

2004 Vino Malossi sport 70cc Malossi Wild Lion pipe malossi multivar 6.5 sliders green polini clutch springs stock carb 75 mikuni main one clip rich 47.5 mph Michelin S1 90/90/10 rear tire Michelin S1 3" x 10 up front

2004 Zuma Malossi sport 70 cc Technigas next r 2008 zuma torque driver polini high speed variator 5.5 grams sliders malossi delta clutch yellow contra yellow clutch springs Stock Carb 84 main jet 46 pilot jet needle 1 clip rich stock athena 14/42 gears 11 to 1 final ratio 56 mph

2005 Eton Beamer (Taiwan Zuma Clone) Airsal sport 70cc 9200 peak rpm top speed 42 77.5 mikuni jet needle 1 clip rich (sold)

Last edited by zino18 on Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:21 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Do either of you have hard figures on rpms when it comes to those Stage6 pipes? I've seen reports that they'll max out below the 10k point, but others suggest they'll exceed it? I'm contemplating whether I want to have my crank upgraded or settle for a lesser pipe. No chance in hell I'd do that particular project myself, so if I upgrade the crank I'll be taking it to the shop.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:51 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2 2004 Vinos 2004 Zuma
From the dynos at www.pedparts.co.uk/blog/tecnigas-exhaust

It shows on a dyno my tecnigas with a 70 cc polini sport bbk should push past 10k almost to 11k
In the Real world with wind and me on it at 180 lbs if I set the variator to shift really high 9600 rpms I hit 10 k going down hill with a wind at my back or on neutral conditions peak is 9700 ish rpms
The pipe is out of power above 9500 .
The pipes power band pulls best from 8000-9200 rpms .
With my malossi kit which is considered to run at a similar or slightly higher than the polini.

The stage 6 pro and dyno bands are within the Yasuni R and Z for rpms and the yasuni are considered by many safe to run on a stock crank .

2004 Vino Malossi sport 70cc Malossi Wild Lion pipe malossi multivar 6.5 sliders green polini clutch springs stock carb 75 mikuni main one clip rich 47.5 mph Michelin S1 90/90/10 rear tire Michelin S1 3" x 10 up front

2004 Zuma Malossi sport 70 cc Technigas next r 2008 zuma torque driver polini high speed variator 5.5 grams sliders malossi delta clutch yellow contra yellow clutch springs Stock Carb 84 main jet 46 pilot jet needle 1 clip rich stock athena 14/42 gears 11 to 1 final ratio 56 mph

2005 Eton Beamer (Taiwan Zuma Clone) Airsal sport 70cc 9200 peak rpm top speed 42 77.5 mikuni jet needle 1 clip rich (sold)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:35 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

zino18 wrote:
From the dynos at http://www.pedparts.co.uk/blog/tecnigas-exhaust

It shows on a dyno my tecnigas with a 70 cc polini sport bbk should push past 10k almost to 11k
In the Real world with wind and me on it at 180 lbs if I set the variator to shift really high 9600 rpms I hit 10 k going down hill with a wind at my back or on neutral conditions peak is 9700 ish rpms
With my malossi kit which is considered to run at a similar or slightly higher than the polini.

The stage 6 pro and dyno bands are within the Yasuni R and Z for rpms and the yasuni are considered by many safe to run on a stock crank .

Thanks for the info. I've been contemplated a Stage6 Sport Pro MKII with the Stage6 Pro pipe. I want the bike to be my daily commuter for a 25 mi one way ride into work, mostly open road. So I like the top end potential of the two together. This set of tests seems to suggest that they could surpass the 10k mark. Of course, that's on a dyno. But Stage6 kits and pipes are optimized to excel when paired with each other, so I'm hoping I won't end up flirting with the red line when sustaining high speeds.

Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:23 pm
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 1998 Zuma Prebug
pat-daddy wrote:
zino18 wrote:
From the dynos at http://www.pedparts.co.uk/blog/tecnigas-exhaust

Thanks for the info. I've been contemplated a Stage6 Sport Pro MKII with the Stage6 Pro pipe. I want the bike to be my daily commuter for a 25 mi one way ride into work, mostly open road. So I like the top end potential of the two together. This set of tests seems to suggest that they could surpass the 10k mark. Of course, that's on a dyno. But Stage6 kits and pipes are optimized to excel when paired with each other, so I'm hoping I won't end up flirting with the red line when sustaining high speeds.

I have heard the pro pipe does very well at high rpms like 11k+ but I have also heard they suffer at low rpms. If you dont have much stop-start traffic then I think it will be fine for you.

70cc Athena w/ BR9HS, 17.5mm Carb (82MJ, clip 1 from bottom), 9.9:1 final drive, 4.4g rollers, LV 5k clutch springs, LV TT Pipe

Current max speed ~93kmh(58mph) @ 9.7k rpm

Build Project: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=28663

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]